It seems that we may have money

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
But the huge donors are just as dumb as a sack of rocks about football.... if they are pushing whisenhunt then we will be doomed no matter what. If they don't hire whisenhunt they'd say no, we want chan gailey back. I really do feel they have completely lost touch with the game. It would be like my grandfather trying to make calls in today's game. It's just faster and too complex for them. Just give us your money and let todd do what he wants. Lolol.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
It's going to shock many on here, but GT will get the money it needs to hire the guy T Stan wants. GT isn't as destitute as many on here want to believe.

I just feel we have a couple of guys in the 90s that donate millions and call all the shots lol

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
It's going to shock many on here, but GT will get the money it needs to hire the guy T Stan wants. GT isn't as destitute as many on here want to believe.

I think part of it is we are out (or nearly out...not sure exactly) from under the burden of paying 2 basketball coaches for the privilege not to coach for us. That Hewitt contract was an anchor on the entire athletic department.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
But the huge donors are just as dumb as a sack of rocks about football.... if they are pushing whisenhunt then we will be doomed no matter what. If they don't hire whisenhunt they'd say no, we want chan gailey back. I really do feel they have completely lost touch with the game. It would be like my grandfather trying to make calls in today's game. It's just faster and too complex for them. Just give us your money and let todd do what he wants. Lolol.
As a sidewalk fan who didn't play football past middle school, even I know it doesn't matter who the coach is. You can't go from the option to a pro-style offense. You will absolutely tank while you spend multiple seasons trying to recruit an entirely different team.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
As a sidewalk fan who didn't play football past middle school, even I know it doesn't matter who the coach is. You can't go from the option to a pro-style offense. You will absolutely tank while you spend multiple seasons trying to recruit an entirely different team.
For what it’s worth we have 2-3 seemingly solid QBs waiting. A decent stable of running backs. A lot of our RBs could be used as slot receivers. As for wideouts we probably need some. Or majorly develop the ones we have. It may not be as gloomy as you think. But time will tell

Techster

Helluva Engineer

There are MANY offenses in between CPJ's "pure" option style and pro style offenses. Pro Style has become misleading. Even the "pros" are using more and more college schemes. I use to HATE watching NFL games because all the offenses look the same. Now? So many teams are mixing in spread/RPO/Air Raid/option principles that the NFL is actually fun to watch again.

Point is, the next coach doesn't have to go full pro style...or "pure" option. There are enough offenses that combine option concepts with other schemes that the right coach and system will be fine with the roster at GT. Might have to live through a 4-5 win season, but if it means we are in the process of building a VERY good program, I'm willing to take a step back to take 3 steps forward.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
For what it’s worth we have 2-3 seemingly solid QBs waiting. A decent stable of running backs. A lot of our RBs could be used as slot receivers. As for wideouts we probably need some. Or majorly develop the ones we have. It may not be as gloomy as you think. But time will tell
Yes it is. Convenient you didn't mention one position group which would have to be completely retaught everything they know, aside from total different body type needed.. And you will be wasting the abilities of the QBs we have if you stand them in the pocket.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
There are MANY offenses in between CPJ's "pure" option style and pro style offenses. Pro Style has become misleading. Even the "pros" are using more and more college schemes. I use to HATE watching NFL games because all the offenses look the same. Now? So many teams are mixing in spread/RPO/Air Raid/option principles that the NFL is actually fun to watch again.

Point is, the next coach doesn't have to go full pro style...or "pure" option. There are enough offenses that combine option concepts with other schemes that the right coach and system will be fine with the roster at GT. Might have to live through a 4-5 win season, but if it means we are in the process of building a VERY good program, I'm willing to take a step back to take 3 steps forward.
I know, but I don't get the impression Whisenhunt is anywhere near the best choice for that.

mj claz

Jolly Good Fellow
Yes it is. Convenient you didn't mention one position group which would have to be completely retaught everything they know, aside from total different body type needed.. And you will be wasting the abilities of the QBs we have if you stand them in the pocket.

I think its pretty much consensus that 2019 was going to be our best offensive line (on paper) since 2014. At the very least, we should have an O-line that should be able to run the ball. However, even our pass protection was not all that bad this year--at least compared to years past. You take a look around the country and you see teams like FSU and Auburn absolutely handcuffed by their OL, can't run block or pass protect. I don't expect that to be us next season.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Well with that attitude just brace yourself for a 2-10 season. My word. It’s December good sir. Act a little more cheerful