It is utterly amazing...

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
This board has a broad spectrum of fans.
Some like me want an ever increasingly challenging schedule that build new rivalries in the belief that we will rise to the competition. I evaluate the team and coaches on strength of teams we play . I do not count games against Elon, Presbyterian, woo ford, MTSU . I barely consider games against teams like Tulane, Kansas, wake forest.

To me padding a record with games no on cares about is only needed if you are hoping for a top ten rating at end of year. Some seem to pine for playing as many crappy teams as possible and then adding wake forest in the hope we regularly win the coastal.

We are a great university with an outstanding football legacy AND WE ARE in ATLANTA. lets swarm
That's why division record makes the most sense for who represents the Coastal in the ACC Championship. No need to swap Clemson for Wake in that scenario unless someone is worried about the 4th or 5th tiebreaker.

Animal02

Banned
This will be true most years. Eventually it won't and someone wi be left out who has a perfect record. I sure would hate to be that team. Again I concede it won't happen often.

When was the last time there was someone undefeated from all five of the P5 conferences? It would be less likely if they would force the FCS games to be cut out. ;)

stevo0718

Georgia Tech Fan
To try to make this fair is impossible.

I like things the way they are, if you don't make it to the conference championship game, its your own damn fault. You aren't guaranteed anything unless you win all your games. Its a reason I love college football, if you lose one game it may change the outcome of your whole season (Climpson) and it makes every game that much bigger. It just stinks for Climpson that they had that game in September, they would have alot more to look forward to the rest of the year if the game was played in November or October.

I also like playing the same teams every year, you have familiar opponents and fan bases. Its how you get to have traditions and rivalries. If you just had 4 monster conferences and you played a round robin every year, you would still end up with random draws and weak schedules. But you wouldn't have the big games against Clemson, VT and Miami every year we want to win. Believe it or not we have history with UVA, UNC and Duke and I like that we play them.

Anyways, we live in the real world where things aren't fair. You play who is on your schedule and you gotta win.