It could be worse...

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
This Stars on these players are becoming so over rated..Once again these stars are being magnified from these camps they go to.. Toughness and focus and game time situations are not being evaluated as much as size and speed with these players...For example techs back our in 3A conference after transferring to those small school running all over smaller competition. Guys, talking about the older group, just remember our favorite players growing up, they were never the fastest or biggest, but mentally tough and heart. Tony Dorsett, Marcus Allen, L.Taylor and so on!
That is true but overrated or not, they are the ones getting paid under the table. No one is shelling out cash for three stars and probably not for all four stars either. The coaches of the factories want the five stars for bragging rights if nothing else. Since the advent of the star system, circa 2000 or so, Tech has had perhaps, one or two five stars. UGA has had a plethora of them though admittedly not all of them worked out as expected and we all know the results. It is really hard to measure up to five star expectations at some positions more than others I suppose. I wish Tech could get a bunch of four star linemen on both sides of the ball that would cure a lot of what ails us. A reliable kicker would not hurt either.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
UGA suffers from being the 4th best program in the SEC. (Alabama, LSU and Florida just seem to have more that UGA). To me UGA seems on the level of Auburn. They recruit, they have a ton of money, they have die-hard fans, but they aren't on the level of those three. So as big as they are, they are always going to suffer from being the 4th dog in their conference.

They also suffer from always being unbalanced in at least one aspect of their team. This year its their QB play. Next year, its probably going to be their Oline, but there is something that continually keeps them from beating the best teams in the country.
Georgia has a better football program than Auburn. Malzahn doesn’t recruit as well, development is lacking, and Malzahn’s approach to the is dated. Saban has continuously changed since ‘07 and it shows.

Kirby was a good DC. But he’s not a great head coach. His first year was a disaster. Georgia wants to replace Bama as top dog when Saban retires, but I don’t see it. I think UGA is a perennial 10-2 team.