Is This year ours in the ACC?

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I hope you are right, I really do. But the skeptic in me comes when when I recall 2015 coming off the 2014 season. A major board debate then was how much we would suffer from the massive departure of our skill positions, mostly a wonderful Aback lineup that pretty much was the best group we ever had, highlighted by their experience-earned blocking skills, particularly but not limited to the edge. The phrase used at the time to disregard or at least minimize such losses was that those positions -- WR and Abacks -- were "plug and play". Pretty serious discussion as I recall, and both sides were pretty righteous. We learned, confirmed a year later by Johnson, that they were not plug and play, but skills hard learned. So I revert to game one. Then one at a time.
I'm of the mindset that the people meant to plug in and who were learning the skills then were almost immediately injured and we had to start the process over again week 3 of the season.

I hope you are right, I really do. But the skeptic in me comes when when I recall 2015 coming off the 2014 season. A major board debate then was how much we would suffer from the massive departure of our skill positions, mostly a wonderful Aback lineup that pretty much was the best group we ever had, highlighted by their experience-earned blocking skills, particularly but not limited to the edge. The phrase used at the time to disregard or at least minimize such losses was that those positions -- WR and Abacks -- were "plug and play". Pretty serious discussion as I recall, and both sides were pretty righteous. We learned, confirmed a year later by Johnson, that they were not plug and play, but skills hard learned. So I revert to game one. Then one at a time.
What was different about 2014 to 2015 than 2016 to 2017 was that we lost 10 offensive starters from the 2014 team. 2 starting B backs, 1 NFL OL, 5 starting A backs, and 2 WR. This year we lose 1 B back and 1 OL, and 1 A back.
Laskey
Days
Mason
Waller
Smelter
Zennon
Hill
Perkins
Bostick
Andrews

Deleted member 2897

Our returning starters are a much closer to analogy to the transition from 2013 to 2014 where we had a new QB under center but nearly all of our skill players back.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I really need to listen to my wife, but she knows if I'm watching TV and she ask me something I'll just say yea whatever is fine.

So now I know we will be in the ACC Championship game because she made reservations to Disney when the game would be played.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
I really need to listen to my wife, but she knows if I'm watching TV and she ask me something I'll just say yea whatever is fine.

So now I know we will be in the ACC Championship game because she made reservations to Disney when the game would be played.
You could go to the ACCCG and see the sights at WDW;):cool:(y)

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

Are you sure you are included?

stech81

Helluva Engineer
You could go to the ACCCG and see the sights at WDW;):cool:(y)
That could make her mad and I know all the signs to look for with her:
Womans-Mad-At-You.jpg

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I was the chief skeptic in those discussions, if you remember. This year feels different to me, though.
Bback... check.
Abacks... check.
Wr..... check.
OL..... check.
QB.... ? but not really. We know what we got with MJ and I think his ceiling is higher than what we've seen.