Is this the worst defeat in our history?

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I’ve been a fan since 1989 and I can’t remember a loss that been this bad since I’ve been a fan.
No, after all we lost to Clemson in a historic loss 73-7. Under the circumstances with a nationwide audience and a broadcast team openly mocking our program with the infamous gif. then it may be the most embarrassing loss which is not the same thing but then, you would have to factor in the loss to the Citadel and the one to Furman back in the 1980s. Pretty bad all the way around. I don't know if Geoff has lost the locker room but he has "lost" just about everything else. IIWII

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I don’t know about the worst in history. I do think it’s worse than the Clemson loss. This Notre Dame team is not nearly as good as last years Clemson team and we should be a good bit better than we were. A 55-0 loss to a team that beat VT, Toledo, and FSU by 3 points is ridiculous.
Notre Dame only beat Virginia Tech, Toledo, and FSU by 3 points? "ridiculous" is the mildest epithet I could come up with for such a performance. Absolutely, inexcusable.

ramblineck

Jolly Good Fellow
No, after all we lost to Clemson in a historic loss 73-7. Under the circumstances with a nationwide audience and a broadcast team openly mocking our program with the infamous gif. then it may be the most embarrassing loss which is not the same thing but then, you would have to factor in the loss to the Citadel and the one to Furman back in the 1980s. Pretty bad all the way around. I don't know if Geoff has lost the locker room but he has "lost" just about everything else. IIWII
What infamous gif?

BuzzDraft

Jolly Good Fellow
I was just quoting what someone called the photo NBC showed of Geoff on the wreck under the caption "RAMBLING WRECKED" with the putrid winning percentage and record.

Attachments

• 20211120_154007.jpg
    20211120_154007.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 50

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
From another site.
73-7 is the worst loss since 1970.
55-0 is the biggest road shutout since 1970.
45-0 is the biggest home shutout in since 1970.
They are 3 of the 6 worst losses at GT since 1970.

Another fun stat. That is 7 straight games that the defense has given up 480+ yds. Only 4 teams have had a longer streak than that
2015 Kansas, 2018 Oregon St, 2019 Texas Tech, 2007 UTEP.

3 teams are tied with GT right now with 7 in a row - 2017 ULM, 2017 ECU, 2018 UConn
1970 - i missed that year- no tv in Vietnam.
If i knew we were that bad i could have just given up. But i didnt and i will just double down and support the team even more.
I am sure that the coaches are trying and the players are trying their hardest. Unforunatly the defensive preparation and execution against the pass is incompetent.

This incompetence has frequently been by players on which cgc has bet his reputation.
and our brand.
I am sure thacker s replacment is being researched.
He has to go because he has damaged our brand.

gtjackets930

Jolly Good Fellow
Not sure about worst loss in history, but having other teams take pity on you sure does suck.

I'd be ashamed during the post game handshake if I was Collins