Is Satterfield nasty enough to be a HC?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
His team is 0-3 in the ACC. They rack up penalties and turn the ball over at an alarming rate.

Hot takes from last year - names removed. Feel free to own up.
I probably believe the UL team had given up on Petrino and his nonsense last year. Satterfield is a good coach, and it shows tonight.
Louisville is going be a beast in another season or two. Satterfield is legit.
+1

He was may fave at the time as well......
I would go "All In" for Satterfield
Looks like Satterfield was the hire of the year in the ACC.
Yeah, while Tstan was stepping all over his nuts to hire Whiz, Louisville was hiring Satterfield

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I know 'Cuse is being facetious, but mea culpa...I really liked Satterfield at the time, and wanted him to at least be seriously considered. I liked what he did at App State.

In Satterfield's defense, he came in 2nd in the Atlantic last year. Also, their conference losses this year came to undefeated #7 Miami, 3-1 PItt....and GT.

I still think he's going to do well at Louisville.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I know 'Cuse is being facetious, but mea culpa...I really liked Satterfield at the time, and wanted him to at least be seriously considered. I liked what he did at App State.

In Satterfield's defense, he came in 2nd in the Atlantic last year. Also, their conference losses this year came to undefeated #7 Miami, 3-1 PItt....and GT.

This exactly. I wanted us to hire one of Satterfield or Collins, so I'm really glad that we got one of them.

Deleted member 2897

I don’t see anything facetious in this.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
I have seen some Louisville fans on twitter talking about how poorly coached they are compared to us. Fandom is a funny thing. Lol
A team is only as good as its last game.

Louisville looks solid in a lot of respects. Wouldn't be surprised to see them clean things up and turn in a solid season despite their rough start. One can see the ingredients are there. They just need to clean things up.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
A team is only as good as its last game.

Louisville looks solid in a lot of respects. Wouldn't be surprised to see them clean things up and turn in a solid season despite their rough start. One can see the ingredients are there. They just need to clean things up.

All of the mid pack ACC teams are pretty similar, which is why anything can happen, week to week.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
I don't know if it was cockiness or if he's normally a gambler, but he took a lot of dumb risks tonight. 2 times it paid off for him, but taking the penalty on 4th and goal for us when he could have forced us to kick a FG really came back to bite him in his butt. We went up 32-27 instead of maybe 29-27 (you never know with our kicking game), and never gave up the lead.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I don't know if it was cockiness or if he's normally a gambler, but he took a lot of dumb risks tonight. 2 times it paid off for him, but taking the penalty on 4th and goal for us when he could have forced us to kick a FG really came back to bite him in his butt. We went up 32-27 instead of maybe 29-27 (you never know with our kicking game), and never gave up the lead.
Re: accepting the penalty on 3rd and goal
Tech was never going to kick a FG there. Accepting the penalty made it 3rd and goal from the 19 instead of 4th and goal from the 3. Statistically it’s much harder to score a touchdown in 2 plays from the 19 than one play from the 3. Just so happens that GT has Jahmyr Gibbs on our side, and the rest is history.

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
Probably the most OL holding calls on an opponent I can remember seeing.... plus the rarely called WR one..... and they had their share of motion penalties, too, IIRC.

A coupla bad ones by their true FR OT & a face mask on their C..... then there was the obvious targeting call.

There were the roughing the passer penalties - the bogus one against Clayton & the real one later on with the hit on Sims.....

If the guys in the gold hats had done this, we'd be wailing, too. Oh, wait, we've been there earlier this year.

THWG!