Is Eric returning to the board or not?

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
He could still be a part of the site without having to do all of the stuff he use to do. If he can make time to find some info, good. If not that's fine too.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I don't think the actual answer is overwhelmingly important although we all appreciated the job Eric did. The problem is the cloak and dagger aspect of it all and the absence of any sort of answer at all.

What the board seems to be looking for is an answer like one of the following:

1. Yes, Eric will be back on x date.
I think we would know this by now if there was an x date.
2. Yes, Eric will be back but we dont know when.
Perhaps
3. No, Eric wont be back.
There's no reason to hide this if this was confirmed
4. We dont know one way or the other if he is coming back at all.
Perhaps
5. We are not allowed to discuss this so quit asking.
Seems illogical as well. There's nothing to gain or lose by keeping this a secret.

Lots of people, me included, came to this site because of the info Eric provided. I believe it would be good for the site to give one of those 5 responses. Anything past those answers does not seem to be anyone else's business other than Eric's.

The weird radio silence regarding the whole issue has made it more difficult.
Here's what I think of these five question. There's really no reason to keep anything a secret so I think we'll know something whenever something is decided but I think we're probably sitting around question #4 right now.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I don't think the actual answer is overwhelmingly important although we all appreciated the job Eric did. The problem is the cloak and dagger aspect of it all and the absence of any sort of answer at all.

What the board seems to be looking for is an answer like one of the following:

1. Yes, Eric will be back on x date.
2. Yes, Eric will be back but we dont know when.
3. No, Eric wont be back.
4. We dont know one way or the other if he is coming back at all.
5. We are not allowed to discuss this so quit asking.

Lots of people, me included, came to this site because of the info Eric provided. I believe it would be good for the site to give one of those 5 responses. Anything past those answers does not seem to be anyone else's business other than Eric's.

The weird radio silence regarding the whole issue has made it more difficult.
Maybe the obvious might be considered: it is really nobody's business.

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
There are plenty of things in life that are none of anyone's business, but the simple yes or no of whether a valued contributor to a public website will or will not be returning is a valid question.

It is sorta like an announcement that the lead actor wont be returning to your favorite show. The reason behind it or what he is going to do next is absolutely nobody's business. But the simple question itself is perfectly fine to ask.

No one owes us an answer though.