Is Eric returning to the board or not?

CLHarperJackt

Georgia Tech Fan
Like Coley Harvey in the newspapers, Eric became my go to reporter for GT on the GT internet sites. Life happens and things change, and it appears that life has moved Eric on. However, I haven't seen any official announcement concerning the resolution of his return one way or the other. So I ask the moderators directly, is Eric returning or not, and if so when is his planned return? If not, I wish him well and thank him for is service and the great insight he provided into GT.

Thanks

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
Like Coley Harvey in the newspapers, Eric became my go to reporter for GT on the GT internet sites. Life happens and things change, and it appears that life has moved Eric on. However, I haven't seen any official announcement concerning the resolution of his return one way or the other. So I ask the moderators directly, is Eric returning or not, and if so when is his planned return? If not, I wish him well and thank him for is service and the great insight he provided into GT.

Thanks
I like it. Yes or no answer.

Cuse is doing a pretty good job though.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Thanks

Honestly, I think we should assume the answer is no. It's likely the mods can't answer the question anyway (beyond what @John has said in previous threads) so we should probably all just move on.

IIUC, Eric did a lot of traveling and spent a lot of time putting together the info he provided in the past. It's not like he was just sitting in front of a laptop. Dude has a new wife, new house, a relatively new job (IIRC) and on top of all that a new baby. Any one of those is life-altering. He had all those in a relatively short span of time. Hitting the road to get some GT news just can't trump any of that.

It would be great if E-man came walking back thru that door. If he doesn't, my man @CuseJacket is doing a great job and is a great dude (despite his love of Orange men ;)) and this is still the preimm- .. preemmin- ... best GT site going. JMHO

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Eric has reached legendary status like 20oz and thdudeofwestva .... combine that with the elusiveness of the Yeti, Sasquatch and Lock Ness and you are in the ballpark of Eric.

God bless you Eric, wherever you are!

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
KC-pour.jpg

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I don't think any of us should be on Eric's case as long as his new child is less then 4. Until then, even when you have them outnumbered, little kids take up very close to every moment they are awake and you are within striking distance. And who knows what can happen in that time?

My advice to him is this: keep your priorities straight and never get to the place where your kids out number you unless the oldest is at least 12 and can help out. Of course, if how easy your life is with children and a job were the main consideration here, the human race would soon disappear. Besides, little kids, while a heap of trouble, are a tremendous hoot to raise.

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't think the actual answer is overwhelmingly important although we all appreciated the job Eric did. The problem is the cloak and dagger aspect of it all and the absence of any sort of answer at all.

What the board seems to be looking for is an answer like one of the following:

1. Yes, Eric will be back on x date.
2. Yes, Eric will be back but we dont know when.
3. No, Eric wont be back.
4. We dont know one way or the other if he is coming back at all.
5. We are not allowed to discuss this so quit asking.

Lots of people, me included, came to this site because of the info Eric provided. I believe it would be good for the site to give one of those 5 responses. Anything past those answers does not seem to be anyone else's business other than Eric's.

The weird radio silence regarding the whole issue has made it more difficult.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
The guy just had his first child and people wondering why he's not on a website that doesn't pay him?

I don't think anyone is wondering why he's not on the website. Like @SolicitorJacket said, people are more just looking for an answer so that the mystery of when/if he's returning is gone. Obviously, if he's too busy to come back, then no one is going to hold it against him, but if he's not returning it would just be nice to know. No one is "on his case" or demanding he return...just curious

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
He will be back when he's back. I honestly don't think anyone here deserves an answer to begin with, except maybe the mods who keep things going.

I'm grateful to Eric for creating this forum. Even more grateful for all the time and effort he put into it. If he never comes back my feelings won't change. If he does come back that will be great.

Family comes first. It should for all of us. Thank you to all the mods and regular contributors here. Y'all rock!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Eric is great!
Gave us the chocolate cake.

Mods are doing fine, but there is little content now because all the players are in the damn weight room.

Would be shocked if Eric appears until spring.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I don't think the actual answer is overwhelmingly important although we all appreciated the job Eric did. The problem is the cloak and dagger aspect of it all and the absence of any sort of answer at all.

What the board seems to be looking for is an answer like one of the following:

1. Yes, Eric will be back on x date.
2. Yes, Eric will be back but we dont know when.
3. No, Eric wont be back.
4. We dont know one way or the other if he is coming back at all.
5. We are not allowed to discuss this so quit asking.

Lots of people, me included, came to this site because of the info Eric provided. I believe it would be good for the site to give one of those 5 responses. Anything past those answers does not seem to be anyone else's business other than Eric's.

The weird radio silence regarding the whole issue has made it more difficult.
Sorry but no "cloak and dagger" involved but as of right now the moderators have no answer to share. I'm not trying to be cagey just honest.
My best guess is that when Eric is ready to come back we will know. It could be that he is lurking somewhere under an alias, just seeing if we are behaving.:p

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I understand the reasons for the questions and know Eric will appreciate everyone's concerns, both for him personally and GTSwarm. There is no incentive for us to come across as sketchy about this. We'll share updates as appropriate.

I also joined this board because of the info Eric provided. Just my opinion, the time he put in was unsustainable at $0/hour. If he were retired, maybe, but he's got a long way to go.

My feelings would not be hurt if Eric departs for good and the board disintegrates. Right now I think it's viably different than the other options out there which have their merits. Personally I wish we'd just unify all the boards together, both for ease of navigating and for more cohesive school spirit, but I'm probably just being idealistic.

With that, there is opportunity right now for others to contribute with coverage of the team and/or recruiting. The current GTSwarm staff would like to do more of it but availability and consistency is not always compatible with life and jobs. Please shoot us a message if you'd like to discuss. Thanks to those who are informally filling the void already.