Is Dabo gone too?

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Nah. He is in good health. Nowhere close to retirement. What would he or Bellechick do with themselves.
Finebaum made a good point today. Saban has a Heisman Trophy winner QB returning. With a young team that will have a LOT more experience and could be even better next year or two. And, with both of those conditions, every receiver in the country is going to want to transfer to Bama to get reps from Bryce Young and pump up their stats before going pro. It's an ideal scenario. Why leave and just give that up? No, wait for a down year. Then leave.

Jetdrive3

Jolly Good Fellow
Finebaum made a good point today. Saban has a Heisman Trophy winner QB returning. With a young team that will have a LOT more experience and could be even better next year or two. And, with both of those conditions, every receiver in the country is going to want to transfer to Bama to get reps from Bryce Young and pump up their stats before going pro. It's an ideal scenario. Why leave and just give that up? No, wait for a down year. Then leave.
Not to mention Jahmyr Gibbs

TheStolenT

Georgia Tech Fan
People in Alabama (and I'm one of them) don't even know who Bill Clark is. UAB? It's a medical school. No one gives a hoot about it.
I think the truth here is somewhere in the middle. No, Bill Clark isn't going to follow Saban. But if you live in Alabama and follow sports, you know who he is. He took a program that was shut down and made them into consistent winners. If uab and gt played this year, I don't think we would like the result. Not that this pertains to Dabo at all, but oh well

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I think the truth here is somewhere in the middle. No, Bill Clark isn't going to follow Saban. But if you live in Alabama and follow sports, you know who he is. He took a program that was shut down and made them into consistent winners. If uab and gt played this year, I don't think we would like the result. Not that this pertains to Dabo at all, but oh well
Nobody in the state of Alabama cares about UAB, USA (South Alabama), Alabama State or Troy. Clark might be a good coach, but it's not a program anyone spends any time on. I'm from Mobile originally and you would be hard pressed to find five people there who could name the head coach at USA.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
What is your problem? Why are you always intentionally trying to pick a fight with me? What Georgia Tech fan actually likes UGA? Seriously. What the flying **** is your issue?

Read your abbreviated post history. Should be easy since you've only been trolling here a couple of weeks. You've answered your own questions along the way...

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Saban is 70 years old. Dabo played and coached at Alabama not to mention he was raised in Alabama too. If Saban can win one more National Championship he might hang it up. Alabama would go after Dabo.
They might go after him but they ain't getting him. (The Alabama connection is great as far as it goes, but he also got fired from Alabama.) Dabo's culture would not fit into Alabama at all, and he has no interest in coaching there. He and his wife go back every year and raise money for Alabama charities, but that is the extent of it.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
What is your problem? Why are you always intentionally trying to pick a fight with me? What Georgia Tech fan actually likes UGA? Seriously. What the flying **** is your issue?
He's trying to pick fights with everyone for some reason the last couple of weeks. I dunno, maybe someone stole his GI Joe or something? I'd have reported him and asked for some gentle moderation, but decided that nothing would be done and it was best to just use the ignore button.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
Nobody in the state of Alabama cares about UAB, USA (South Alabama), Alabama State or Troy. Clark might be a good coach, but it's not a program anyone spends any time on. I'm from Mobile originally and you would be hard pressed to find five people there who could name the head coach at USA.
They cared enough to be involved with shutting the program down. Now if we are talking about walking into Walmart and finding sports clothing without a Tiger or Elephant on it, then yeah.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
They cared enough to be involved with shutting the program down. Now if we are talking about walking into Walmart and finding sports clothing without a Tiger or Elephant on it, then yeah.
They shut the program down because of the lack of support and the institutional cost. Yes, they started it back up again but so what? Find five people in the entire state who sport UAB swag. My family got their medical education there and they all support Alabama. UAB is not viewed as a serious player anymore than Samford is.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I scrolled through all of Gomez’s posts and don’t see why anyone would claim he’s a dwag. I didn’t see the arguments he was in but I didn’t see anything that shows him as a mutt.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Our Guy @stech81 keeping the peace, and taking a shot at jowja, what a time to BEE alive!
Charlie Sheen Applause GIF

Jetdrive3

Jolly Good Fellow
They might go after him but they ain't getting him. (The Alabama connection is great as far as it goes, but he also got fired from Alabama.) Dabo's culture would not fit into Alabama at all, and he has no interest in coaching there. He and his wife go back every year and raise money for Alabama charities, but that is the extent of it.
Who was ”fired from Alabama”?

Jetdrive3

Jolly Good Fellow
Dabo was not retained when Alabama fired head coach Mike DuBose's and his staff in early 2001. His position coach, Tommy Bowden ... brought him to Clemson in 2003.
Ok, but you’re the first person to say he was fired! Seriously, his style of buddy buddy coaching does not Bama’s historical model. 0% chance he’d be hired.