Is Dabo gone too?

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Saban is 70 years old. Dabo played and coached at Alabama not to mention he was raised in Alabama too. If Saban can win one more National Championship he might hang it up. Alabama would go after Dabo.
No. Not going to happen. There was a time when Dabo was the front runner to replace Saban, but that time has passed. Besides, he has a legitimate culture of his own making at Clemson. No, the inside scoop is that the front runner to replace Saban when the time comes is Lane Kiffin. He's still well-liked at Alabama and ran an exciting brand of offense ... which is the game now.

While it is POSSIBLE that Saban may retire, there are no indications that he will. My guess is that he will continue until there is a firm continuity plan in place. No one at Alabama wants to repeat the years of wandering in the desert.

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
I do agree that I think they’ll go after Dabo first, however I doubt he’d go for it. I think the next Alabama coach post-Saban will be Bill Clark from UAB. Has openly said he doesn’t want to leave the state of Alabama and is a phenomenal coach.
There is no way in hell that the next coach of the University of Alabama is coming from UAB. It doesn't matter how good of a coach he is.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
LOL. Bama donors are not hiring the coach from UAB. Similar to LSU and Napier. They'd consider it beneath them.
I get it. I know why you say that. But the dude took a program that literally disbanded and took them to three straight conference champ games. And people in Alabama love Bill Clark.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Heard Miami is trying to hire D-Rad and Cristobal.
This is now being reported as official. Supposedly $8M/yr plus significant investment in football facilities.

D-Rad supposedly was onboard to come if they were able to hire Cristobal, but nothing official has been released yet there.

Alamo Bowl may be the most interesting bowl as it has 2 big name teams that have lost their head coaches.

I've never seen a football coaching change this year like this one.
FL, LSU, OK, USC, Miami, OR, ND. 7 of the top 20 to 25 jobs in the country. 3 of them have hired coaches from the other 4.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
They're not "my" mutts. I was pulling for Alabama. I hate UGA almost as much as I hate Notre Dame.

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF