Is Clemson Really That Good

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think the jury is out on Clemson.

Look, everybody around here writes about them like they were the Avengers or something. They're a football team. Pretty much the same outfit got beat last year by a mediocre Syracuse team. On the right day and with the right effort, they can be beat by about half the teams on their schedule. Mind, it would be nice if they would make a mistake or two when we play them to help us along, but they can be beaten.

Whether we can pull it off is still for the future to determine. I can guarantee you that, if we beat Pitt, Dabo will have them ready to play. We'd better be ready too.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
After Watching the game last night I kept thinking. Is Clemson really that good. They scored 28 and A&M scored 26. Is A&M suddenly at the top of the SEC.....no. Our best had to hang on to win this game. A&M is not much different than last year 7-6 and lost to Wake Forest 55-52 in a bowl game.

I think Clemson does not have the offense to go with their defense. Does that matter? Just pretend that we find a way to take advantage of their defense and turn the game into a shoot out. Far fetched? Is our team any different than the team in 2011 that went into the Clemson game after 2 losses. Is TW better than TM?

Or is the better question....how weak is the ACC this year?

Don't really know but they are good, damn good. The problem is, that everyone just about has an offense that under the right circumstances with a hot quarterback can ring up points on even the best defense. The days of just winning with suffocating defense and not making mistakes on offense are long gone. Exhibit one is Syracuse beating Clemson last year with a hot quarterback making mind boggling throws that even Clemson could not stop. My impression is that the ACC, while still formidable, is maybe reverting back to the norm. Not the infamous Oklahoma and the 7 dwarves of the 1950s but the ACC is loaded down with teams that can look really good one week and pretty bad the next. It is what it is.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
Only thing that should ever matter is wins and losses and they know how to win. I'm willing to bet their LB's will get a good *** chewing after a bad performance and they'll be better. Clemson is in a bit of a bad situation though QB wise. You can see Dabo trying to phase Kelly Bryant out but Bryant put together 2 great drives and Dabo was stuck with him the rest of the game. Bryant isn't capable of making the down field throws required to beat good defenses which will hinder them come playoff time again. They really need Lawrence to take over sometime this year.
Not so sure pocket passers aren't on the way out, in spite of us making one look like Hershel Walker Saturday.

Jmonty71

Banned
I think if there was a Clemsoning game, it was this past Saturday. They played off, yet their D is strong enough to make up for a off night with the offense. I pray, that we will get to that point, one day.