Is Clemson Really That Good

After Watching the game last night I kept thinking. Is Clemson really that good. They scored 28 and A&M scored 26. Is A&M suddenly at the top of the SEC.....no. Our best had to hang on to win this game. A&M is not much different than last year 7-6 and lost to Wake Forest 55-52 in a bowl game.

I think Clemson does not have the offense to go with their defense. Does that matter? Just pretend that we find a way to take advantage of their defense and turn the game into a shoot out. Far fetched? Is our team any different than the team in 2011 that went into the Clemson game after 2 losses. Is TW better than TM?

Or is the better question....how weak is the ACC this year?

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
After Watching the game last night I kept thinking. Is Clemson really that good. They scored 28 and A&M scored 26. Is A&M suddenly at the top of the SEC.....no. Our best had to hang on to win this game. A&M is not much different than last year 7-6 and lost to Wake Forest 55-52 in a bowl game.

I think Clemson does not have the offense to go with their defense. Does that matter? Just pretend that we find a way to take advantage of their defense and turn the game into a shoot out. Far fetched? Is our team any different than the team in 2011 that went into the Clemson game after 2 losses. Is TW better than TM?

Or is the better question....how weak is the ACC this year?

I love the data at the following link that helps in analyzing conferences but it doesn’t look like yesterday’s games have been added yet.

http://www.colleyrankings.com/curconf.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scubapro

Banned
Yes...Clemson is that good. aTm held, and by held I mean tackled, Clemson's D-Line all game long. It was embarrassingly egregious.
Don't take my word for it ... go re-watch the 2nd half.
It was as if the ACC refs were not calling anything against the SEC in an effort to seem unbiased.

Only indirectly related to the subject of the thread, but shouldn't the time of the Tech-Clemson game be announced sometime today? Unless, of course, they hold off that announcement till 6 days before the game. Surely with Clemson being number 2 in the country, they wouldn't make them wait that long to find out.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Only indirectly related to the subject of the thread, but shouldn't the time of the Tech-Clemson game be announced sometime today? Unless, of course, they hold off that announcement till 6 days before the game. Surely with Clemson being number 2 in the country, they wouldn't make them wait that long to find out.

Somebody on here said the announcement would come tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Some expert guy predicted 8pm on ABC. Not sure we want primetime right now tho

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
The ACC is horrible this year. Look at UNC getting DESTROYED by a really bad ECU team. FSU almost lost to Stamford when Sameford committed 5 TURNOVERS. VT dominated a bad FSU team. Miami got destroyed by a mediocre LSU team that will finish at the bottom of the SEC West. Clemson is very talented but I do not think at this point they can hang with Alabama. It’s up and down and the ACC is definitely going to have a down year unless all teams dramatically improve.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Trevor Lawrence has a real Jacob Eason feel to him. I don't trust the pocket passers in the college game anymore until they have a large body of work.

Dirty Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Yes...Clemson is that good. aTm held, and by held I mean tackled, Clemson's D-Line all game long. It was embarrassingly egregious.
Don't take my word for it ... go re-watch the 2nd half.
It was as if the ACC refs were not calling anything against the SEC in an effort to seem unbiased.
Agreed. Hold after hold. They finally called one when Clemson INT the 2 pt conversion

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
It’s still early in the year. Clemson also got upset last year in the regular season but made the playoffs. It’s too early to crown any champions. The mutts look better than I thought they would. Until someone dethrones then I expect them to repeat.

Amerson1990

Banned
not too early at all, ACC is a dumpster fire this year. I will bet every dollar I got Clem will be ACC champs and will be playing in the playoff