Is 3 weeks enough? or to much?

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
I've seen us have really good looking games after a bye week, but 2 bye weeks. I'm curious on how the plan we prepared for pitt will be used or will we just scrap it?

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I think it is too much.
I wonder how many players have been practicing if we have a team wide Covid-19 issue? With so many players missing from the DL, did we lose some more defensive linemen to the pandemic?

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Our best games have come off a bye and to start the season.

With that being said, 3 weeks between games is uncharted territory for the middle of the season.

You have to think it’s bad for continuity. But it is also good for sick/injured/dinged players and gives extra game plan time for Mijami.

GTZachary

Jolly Good Fellow
Diaz also saying Miami was on the verge of not playing the past two weeks (11-12 players out). Going to get harder from here on out. For the first 6 months of the pandemic I knew 1 person who had it. In the last month I know 9.

Deleted member 2897

I don't think it matters. We are playing Miami and they will stomp us. It is that simple.

Miami was down 11 players yesterday due to COVID and was down 13 the week before. They barely beat VT (who lost to Liberty) yesterday by 1 point.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Diaz also saying Miami was on the verge of not playing the past two weeks (11-12 players out). Going to get harder from here on out. For the first 6 months of the pandemic I knew 1 person who had it. In the last month I know 9.
Yea once I saw this it I got the feeling we won’t be playing next weekend. If they have that many I’m sure it’ll spread in the program. Same as us. It’ll be a minor miracle if the season gets completed the way things are going....

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Yea once I saw this it I got the feeling we won’t be playing next weekend. If they have that many I’m sure it’ll spread in the program. Same as us. It’ll be a minor miracle if the season gets completed the way things are going....
This is more or less how I feel. I’ve come to the conclusion that the season is likely all but over with the way positive cases are impacting more and more games each week. I don’t really see how football finishes, and how basketball really even ever starts.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
This is more or less how I feel. I’ve come to the conclusion that the season is likely all but over with the way positive cases are impacting more and more games each week. I don’t really see how football finishes, and how basketball really even ever starts.
We’re getting hammered up here in MI with it. I can’t see the B10 finishing it’s season or many schools in cold weather for that matter. Lots of talk we will be in lockdown by thanksgiving, most likely impacting college games and travel in and out of the state....

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Not sure it would matter at this point , hell just play all the freshman and let them get some game experience , it's a free year see what they need to work on over the summer and spring.
I'm not saying that from a "we shouldn't play because we will lose" frame of mind. I think it increases the likelihood of injuries to start-stop- start playing contact sports like this. The team needs to be eased back in. This season is pointless, so I don't think we should force the issue. It's not worth the risk to our players.