Ireland GT Pictures Thread

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Man, this game is turning out to be a great idea! Awesome opportunity for the players, fans, and high school teams.

Also great for ATL's business community & spreading the GT brand. Could be a great recruiting opportunity.

We should do this every year. Or maybe have BBall follow suit.

Safe travels.

Whaaaaaaat?

Great recruiting opportunity? For sports? Which players did we sign last year due to this game? Recruitniks should know.

Do this every year? How do we get someone to invite us to their event every year? If there is a way to do that, we should go ahead and invite ourselves to the Orange or Rose bowl every year. If we are proposing taking one of our home games away (to include added expense of going overseas, to covering extra expense for opponent, to cover all the lost revenue of a home game, etc.) we can just go in debt $5 mill per year instead of $2 mill.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This is our Castle rental about 18 miles north of Galway near Headford....

14095969_10205115712130984_8692133274843868641_n.jpg

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
Whaaaaaaat?

Great recruiting opportunity? For sports? Which players did we sign last year due to this game? Recruitniks should know.

Do this every year? How do we get someone to invite us to their event every year? If there is a way to do that, we should go ahead and invite ourselves to the Orange or Rose bowl every year. If we are proposing taking one of our home games away (to include added expense of going overseas, to covering extra expense for opponent, to cover all the lost revenue of a home game, etc.) we can just go in debt $5 mill per year instead of $2 mill.

1. Great recruiting opportunity. I mean hypothetically, yeah, it should help in recruiting if we told players that they get to travel to london or tokyo or dublin for a game every year (if you're going to hold me to a strict interpretation)

2. For sports? Yes. But there's also the classroom & education aspect to these games. do you have any idea what the financial situation would be like at US universities if it wasn't for foreign students?

3. Do this every year? Okay. maybe not every year? But kick-off games are becoming a thing. and they are usually held in neutral stadiums. NCAA BB does a lot of games in china. . . i mean, if all of your revenue is TV money, expand your viewerbase into new markets, no?

4. How do we get a team to invite us every year? I mean, travel well? makes these cities a lot of money? last figures i saw were 80 million euro economic impact from this game. & based on all the reports, GT is traveling extremely well.

5. Taking away home games . . . vs. who - the Citadel? a game that won't be on TV. . . how much are we losing? are you factoring in the percentage of tickets and parking that are season tickets? Not to mention, this year is an away game. And GT is getting paid 1 million.

6. Pay for it. There is this thing called a conference (the ACC). and they're actually super interested in expanding their brand worldwide. http://www.theacc.com/page/acc-worldwide. There are also entities called corporations & they do things like pay for sponsorships. There's also the economic impact money. . . kinda like how the NFL can get cities to bend over backwards to host the superbowl b/c it makes the cities a lot of money. & Im guessing espn would be very happy if they could get even a few europeans to take interest in football americano.

7. soo much lost money. atlanta is kinda a hub for MNC corporations. and we have a kickass port in savannah now. and an emerging start-up economy. and we're actually pretty good at poaching companies from other countries (who in turn hire GT grads). And atlanta is also kinda a sports entertainment hub. i mean, if you count the olympics, NCAA championships, SEC championsships, Chick fil a bowls - those type of money losing things. Or Turner and the braves broadcasts. . . but yeah. prob way too hard for us to ever pull it off. at least we will be able to drink more sweetwater when traveling abroad. http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...-begin-first-international.html?ed=2013-05-02

I see your point now. GT should definitely never travel abroad again. We should also resign russle for a 20 year contract before they raise prices. We should prob drop out of the ACC too. traveling to syracuse & boston college is really going to add up. and what if god forbid we win an ACC game and have to travel to a bowl game in one of those expensive states??? I think the Sun Belt will have an opening once the big 12 expands. actually, we should just cut all sports. and sell bobby dodd. we could prob make a killing selling it someone who wants to open up one of those kool mixed used / apartment retail things.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer

Thanks for the great post Cruse Jacket!! Especially of the team of great young men and all who are part of the best college football program in D1 football. A program that is a winner on the gridiron, a winner in the classroom, a winner in the community, a winner in building character to handle the difficult path of life!

Paint me green with envy. This really looks like a fun trip for all.

Go Jackets!! Pluck the Eagles tail feathers!! THWG!!

Yellow!!!

Last edited:

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Heading out for the day. Hope to meet some folks at the pep rally. Yellow polo with GT on the left sleeve. Probably only one hand available.

elwoodgt

Jolly Good Fellow
So Cuse, headed to the pep rally at 4:30? Let's make a meetup spot for Swarmers. We just got in, staying at the Croke Park, about to head out for lunch.