Iowa Game

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I think you can make that case. However, I also think you can make the case that, given the circumstances, he’s had enough good moments to buy him some time to produce more wins—at least this year, I would say, and maybe the next one. To me, there is truth on both sides, and my point was that this one loss isn’t going to sway me from the middle to the extreme. Let’s see how the year plays out.
What is his contract buy-out.? Honestly if he gets more than 4 conference wins I'll be surprised .Also if he doesn't get TWO big man transfers for next yr ,it will be a zilch also.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
I am just getting around to watching the replay. I am almost to half. This team just doesn't play hard enough. The defense and rebounding is simply lacking intensity.

This team needs someone to be the Alvarado/Usher energy guy. If not, this is going to be a really bad year.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I think you can make that case. However, I also think you can make the case that, given the circumstances, he’s had enough good moments to buy him some time to produce more wins—at least this year, I would say, and maybe the next one. To me, there is truth on both sides, and my point was that this one loss isn’t going to sway me from the middle to the extreme. Let’s see how the year plays out.
This one loss shouldn’t need to sway you on either side. His 1 singular NCAAT appearance, his .497 winning percentage, his zero weeks ranked, his losing record to in-state opponents, his inability to recruit, his inability to put an effective offense on the floor, his inability to create a team culture that looks like it plays hard to the naked eye.

You want to give the guy NINE seasons? NINE? He didn’t deserve 7. He probably won’t deserve 8. Unless he turns into a miracle worker and there’s some unforeseen holy intervention between now and March of 2024, he sure as hell doesn’t deserve NINE. A college coach getting nine seasons nowadays means they’re likely one of the best coaches in that school’s history. JP isn’t even our best coach since Cremins left.

The year is going to play out the way they all do. We’re going to be garbage until about mid-late December/early January, then we’ll get a kick in the rear and become an average P5 team for the last 5-6 weeks of the regular season. Ultimately achieving nothing of note and leaving everyone disappointed and increasing apathy around the program.

GT basketball has been a joke of a program for far too long. We don’t even beat UGA regularly anymore, not even on our home court. Pastner’s inability to produce any kind of positive results is hurting GTAA’s bottom line too. We can’t even afford to buy the dork out. Hell, I think the worse he does the longer he’ll be here. Nobody will come to the games to provide any revenue to put back into the program.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
This one loss shouldn’t need to sway you on either side. His 1 singular NCAAT appearance, his .497 winning percentage, his zero weeks ranked, his losing record to in-state opponents, his inability to recruit, his inability to put an effective offense on the floor, his inability to create a team culture that looks like it plays hard to the naked eye.

You want to give the guy NINE seasons? NINE? He didn’t deserve 7. He probably won’t deserve 8. Unless he turns into a miracle worker and there’s some unforeseen holy intervention between now and March of 2024, he sure as hell doesn’t deserve NINE. A college coach getting nine seasons nowadays means they’re likely one of the best coaches in that school’s history. JP isn’t even our best coach since Cremins left.

The year is going to play out the way they all do. We’re going to be garbage until about mid-late December/early January, then we’ll get a kick in the rear and become an average P5 team for the last 5-6 weeks of the regular season. Ultimately achieving nothing of note and leaving everyone disappointed and increasing apathy around the program.

GT basketball has been a joke of a program for far too long. We don’t even beat UGA regularly anymore, not even on our home court. Pastner’s inability to produce any kind of positive results is hurting GTAA’s bottom line too. We can’t even afford to buy the dork out. Hell, I think the worse he does the longer he’ll be here. Nobody will come to the games to provide any revenue to put back into the program.

Hear, hear!

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
yeah, this one loss doesn't sway me but I was heavily leaning toward the lets make a change group. The bottom line for me is, we should be better than this, our recruiting should be better, the product on the court should be better. We are simply not a good team this year.