Iowa Game

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Not expecting to win this game but if we lose, I want to lose the right way like CJP said in his latest press conference. Iowa is a much worse defense than Marquette, so I’d like to see us run some sets, make the extra pass, and get it to the knockdown guys on the perimeter. No hero ball.

A podcast I listen to was talking about their offense and how they play fast. I’d like to think if we can slow them down in transition and throw them for a loop with the switching defenses, maybe we can steal one. They don’t turn the ball over much so it would be nice to get them flustered early. I bet they will be very focused tomorrow after getting shellacked by TCU this weekend.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I was going to drive over tomorrow afternoon for the game (about a 3 hr. 45 min. drive), but my son has his first 8th-grade game, I got roped into carpooling him to his feeder team practice after the game and taking my daughter to lacrosse. Not even sure I'm going to get to see the game live. Not sure that's a bad thing. Hope we show well and start hitting our shots. Need to step up the offensive rebounds or it's going to be a long season.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
9 PM (EST) Game Time, ESPN2

You are right, it'll be a mild upset for us to end the night with a 5 -2 record.

1669723245848.png

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
We are going to need Rodney to play well this game. We may need to play him and Franklin on the floor together to keep from getting killed on the boards. Iowa's starting five go 6'4", 6'7", 6'8", 6'9" and 6'9".

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
We are going to need Rodney to play well this game. We may need to play him and Franklin on the floor together to keep from getting killed on the boards. Iowa's starting five go 6'4", 6'7", 6'8", 6'9" and 6'9".

We will. Unfortunately we've rarely, if ever, ran a line up with both of them on the court at once. Unfortunately, the way I see this year playing out is Howard will play about 10 minutes a game right until the time we absolutely can't get away with a 6-7 center. Then we'll put him in and be surprised he's struggling.

Jack

Jolly Good Fellow
I like that idea

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Or not at all as we surrender 14 offensive rebounds leading to 20 points in the first half

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
This is a total restart/rebuild instead of a get old stay old concept. We have a couple of pieces, but we are going to need a five and possibly a four out of the portal to make it.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Giving up crazy numbers of offensive rebounds and 2nd chance points killed us. Also giving up 30+ points and 20 rebounds ( yes, 20 rebounds to one guy) to their best player didn’t help us.

Our offense actually looked better than it has all year. Not great, but better. We hit several dribble at - back door cut away passes that resulted in layups. We haven’t seen much of that before tonight. Kelly got going, but it wasn’t enough. Terry had a rough game.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately, I’m seeing 4 guys that see playing time that really struggle at this level. Not nearly enough ACC caliber talent on this roster.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
And of course we need a 5. I’m not saying Moore should be it, but he should play more/mostly in the low post. He has better back-to-the-basket low post moves than I have seen on this team in several seasons. And he’s not very good away from the basket, so he should be getting the ball on the block.