Interview With Jadon Haselwood

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
I encourage everyone to watch this sitdown with Jadon Haselwood and his family. He does not represent every recruit but it is interesting to hear it straight from a student athlete's mouth what went into his decisions. Pay attention to the 9:20 mark when he begins to talk about how Miami and uga fell out of favor with him, and how he feels about a lesser program in particular.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
What kinda person is 1,000 percent commited somewhere then leaves and calls others fake. Sadly, UGA dodged a bullet in Jadon. Will be a terrible personality to have In the lockeroom.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
What kinda person is 1,000 percent commited somewhere then leaves and calls others fake. Sadly, UGA dodged a bullet in Jadon. Will be a terrible personality to have In the lockeroom.

I think most players are like this. I'd almost say the majority of high 4 star and 5 star players are, me, me, me. And everyone else is wrong, I'm the only one right. Just my observation from being around a few. Unselfish when to maintain status and ego, not from the heart.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
I saw that on FB and started watching it. But it's too long and I didn't hear much of value in the first few minutes. Summary ?
They basically talk about the recruiting process in a very laid back, unconventional environment. The thing that stood out the most to me was when he pointed out how Miami's play in their bowl game affected his decision. And also just how big the relationship with the coaches was to him. He seemed to be one that committed to those coaches and not the school, which is one of the reasons he delayed his final choice.

They basically talk about the recruiting process in a very laid back, unconventional environment. The thing that stood out the most to me was when he pointed out how Miami's play in their bowl game affected his decision. And also just how big the relationship with the coaches was to him. He seemed to be one that committed to those coaches and not the school, which is one of the reasons he delayed his final choice.
Thanks. What I saw on FB had a comment saying that he pretty much trashed the mutts coaches. Is that the case?

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
And for those calling him selfish and question him waffling and changing his mind please remember he committed to uga as a 10th grader. And if there is anytime for a young person to be selfish this is it. College football is a grown man business. These college coaches have families, standards of life, reputations, etc. to maintain and they are well within their rights to look out for themselves just as these young men are.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
He may sound selfish and egotistical, but you've got to give him credit. He is different from other highly rated area recruits in that he was able to see through the illusion and peer pressure of the UGAg and Da U hype and walk his own path. It's quite a contradiction that young guys can exude such self-confidence, and at the same time get drawn into going along with the crowd so easily.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Thanks. What I saw on FB had a comment saying that he pretty much trashed the mutts coaches. Is that the case?
He talked about a meeting with them and how they came off as fake in what they were trying to sell him before the early signing period. He wanted to commit to what he thought was a stable coaching staff and he later saw that the OC (Jim Chaney) that he thought would be in place left for another job. And this really killed their shot at him.

He talked about a meeting with them and how they came off as fake in what they were trying to sell him before the early signing period. He wanted to commit to what he thought was a stable coaching staff and he later saw that the OC (Jim Chaney) that he thought would be in place left for another job. And this really killed their shot at him.
Thanks

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I think most players are like this. I'd almost say the majority of high 4 star and 5 star players are, me, me, me. And everyone else is wrong, I'm the only one right. Just my observation from being around a few. Unselfish when to maintain status and ego, not from the heart.
I’d have to disagree, Jadon is a rare case. This guy ran into the streets with his shirt off when UGA beat Oklahoma last year, then posted pics of him in OU gear as a child pulling the “life long fan” card when it was time to commit there. Compare him to other 5 stars and it’s night and day. Regardless of what they think they don’t air dirty laundry like him, weak move from someone regarded that highly.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I don’t get the selfish angle being posted by many. Someone selling you on an offense they are not going being coached is pretty disgenious. I know Cheney has to do his job but cmon man

I’m not certain being a straight shooter on the recruiting trail is a very highly regarded trait. Salesmanship sure has been for the last decade and going forward too.

Is it not possible to shoot straight and be a good salesman? Doesn’t seem like it but maybe that’s because we only hear the bad stories. Kinda like the nightly news.

UpperNorth

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m not certain being a straight shooter on the recruiting trail is a very highly regarded trait. Salesmanship sure has been for the last decade and going forward too.

Is it not possible to shoot straight and be a good salesman? Doesn’t seem like it but maybe that’s because we only hear the bad stories. Kinda like the nightly news.

I’d say Clemson is probably balancing those 2 things well. And I’m sure there are others, hopefully among them will be Collins and our staff.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
I really like this concept and I wish more SA's would get involved with it... I believe it could really shine some light on important issues within college athletics. This could be big, big...… but I didn't like hearing him say that he wouldn't play for a team that wasn't already "stable" and winning on a consistent basis. He said OU was gonna win the big 10 or 12 whichever they're in and they would make the playoffs EOY... But he could easily go to say.... Wake Forest and help them compete in order to get them to the next level. Personally, I would take more pride in the fact that I made a program better and wasn't just another 5 star WR. But hes gonna do whats best for him so I get it