Interesting article from AJC

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
FWIW, i looked at GTFletch's posting history and he predicted CGC would go 7-5 this year. Probably just another fan who had unrealistic expectations and blames the coach for not realizing them.
Not really defending the OP you’re referring to, but were those expectations really that unrealistic? This article points out that we could have easily gone 6-6.

I struggle to accept that it was inevitable we’d be as bad as we are on offense this year. Regress? Of course! But 124th in scoring offense? 127th in total offense? Come on man, those are historically bad for these categories

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Not really defending the OP you’re referring to, but were those expectations really that unrealistic? This article points out that we could have easily gone 6-6.

I struggle to accept that it was inevitable we’d be as bad as we are on offense this year. Regress? Of course! But 124th in scoring offense? 127th in total offense? Come on man, those are historically bad for these categories

We should have beaten The Citadel regardless. If we didn’t have the injuries to the OL, maybe we could have squeaked out a few more wins. We have a lot more talent at the skill positions than some people think.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Yes. If EVERYTHING broke for us we could have finished 6-6, but 4-8, which was what most experts predicted, was a lot more reasonable. It was also what turned out to be closer to the truth.
4 wins was the floor. We all know what the 4th win was. Thankfully, I bet a whole season of losses against the mutt last night. Giving 7.5 pts was like a steal although admittedly when it was 17-3 at half I was concerned about the “luck” the mutt always seems to have. Would have been disastrous for me to lose money and watch those barking morons win. Well, order was restored to the world last night as the mutt once again took once of the highest recruiting classes in the nation & **** the bed. Delightful!

My grade for 2019: C

GT: F, 3 wins
Mutt: A, **** the bed when it counted the most

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
4 wins was the floor. We all know what the 4th win was. Thankfully, I bet a whole season of losses against the mutt last night. Giving 7.5 pts was like a steal although admittedly when it was 17-3 at half I was concerned about the “luck” the mutt always seems to have. Would have been disastrous for me to lose money and watch those barking morons win. Well, order was restored to the world last night as the mutt once again took once of the highest recruiting classes in the nation & **** the bed. Delightful!

My grade for 2019: C

GT: F, 3 wins
Mutt: A, **** the bed when it counted the most

As we saw, 4 wins was not the floor this year. Maybe the floor of expectations...

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
55684922-4CA5-4090-A340-B30EB1246E93.jpeg
I had 4 wins the floor being 0 wins.
Next season I’m gonna be conservative and say 5-6 wins more more likely 5 with the brutal schedule. If he gets to 6-7 wins Collins is ACC COTY.