Injury update for UGA game

GTFan62

Jolly Good Fellow
How many years of eligibility does Morgan Bailey have left? I hope he gets a chance to play a complete season next year.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
How many years of eligibility does Morgan Bailey have left? I hope he gets a chance to play a complete season next year.

If I was paul, last year, I would never rep Bailey with the #1s. He will never play a full season period. Why waste valuable #1 reps for a guy who either is the unluckiest in the world or has a pain threshold of just beyond hang nail type pain? In my opinion, he stays at #2 until he can prove he can see the field; give the #1s to another guy and if bailey is healthy game 1 he splits time with the other guy and has to earn a starting spot through the year.

Instead we hope, for 3 years, he can do something, can't and its hurt our depth development at tackle in my opinion.

If you had to go to work everyday otherwise you would be fired and you had 2 cars to choose from, one that works 50% of the time but is shiny and nice, and the other that works 100% of the time but is a truck, what would you take? just saying.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Bailey practicing at the 1's isn't hurting development because he's only practiced a limited amount of times. Majority of the time in practice he has been hurt as well.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Sitting on the outside and looking in, it certainly seems like one of those two cases with Bailey is true. Truthfully, I have no idea what to think. If he has legitimately been hurt that much, I feel profound sorrow for him. It has to be disheartening to work so hard and have that happen repeatedly. However, in my time in sports, I have seen many kids, who were great athletes, who just didn't have the toughness to play through anything. There is a big difference between having something hurt and being injured. I have no idea what the truth is here so I am not even going to speculate. All I know is this, if I personally had waited for everything to feel great before I would play, I never would have seen the field, or if I did, it would have been rare. Athletes rarely have the luxury.

In any case, his absence at RT has been a huge loss for us. There were times last year, when I was watching film, that I felt he was our best guy on the OL and he was surely headed to the NFL. He looked that good. He could move people and matched up very well against some of the elite players we went against. Needless to say we have not had anywhere close to that level of performance at the RT position this year. In fact, it has cost us dearly in several of our losses.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
I also have no clue on Bailey. I am mixed on my feelings toward him and only wish the kid well. Having said that if He can't stay healthy, he needs to move on.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Bailey practicing at the 1's isn't hurting development because he's only practiced a limited amount of times. Majority of the time in practice he has been hurt as well.

thats true during the season but not true at all during camps. He took up weeks of practice time while healthy in spring practice and summer workouts, then bam fall starts and injured.

Then he takes up practice time during september, then bam injured first week october.

the reality is he has occupied alot of #1 rep time in fundamentals during offseason workouts

Again, he would never crack the top of the depth chart if he was on my team until he can prove he can play multiple games back to back not injured and i would do this in a 50% time role to start....having a OL like a turnstile is worse than an OL that slightly not as good but always there.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Sitting on the outside and looking in, it certainly seems like one of those two cases with Bailey is true. Truthfully, I have no idea what to think. If he has legitimately been hurt that much, I feel profound sorrow for him. It has to be disheartening to work so hard and have that happen repeatedly. However, in my time in sports, I have seen many kids, who were great athletes, who just didn't have the toughness to play through anything. There is a big difference between having something hurt and being injured. I have no idea what the truth is here so I am not even going to speculate. All I know is this, if I personally had waited for everything to feel great before I would play, I never would have seen the field, or if I did, it would have been rare. Athletes rarely have the luxury.

In any case, his absence at RT has been a huge loss for us. There were times last year, when I was watching film, that I felt he was our best guy on the OL and he was surely headed to the NFL. He looked that good. He could move people and matched up very well against some of the elite players we went against. Needless to say we have not had anywhere close to that level of performance at the RT position this year. In fact, it has cost us dearly in several of our losses.

with all due respect, we don't have one OL worthy of the NFL including a healthy bailey. Too much gold colored look here. Bailey in fact wouldn't even translate to a tackle at the next level his arms are too short and his first steps are too slow off the line seating during pass blocking. He would translate to a guard. And then I have my doubts.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
with all due respect, we don't have one OL worthy of the NFL including a healthy bailey. Too much gold colored look here. Bailey in fact wouldn't even translate to a tackle at the next level his arms are too short and his first steps are too slow off the line seating during pass blocking. He would translate to a guard. And then I have my doubts.
I believe Mason would make a good gaurd and Finch possibly a backup center

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think Shaq Mason and Errin Joe have a chance to be NFL linemen. Pro bodies, good feet. They gotta keep getting better.
Interesting thought about Mason. He is a bit short for NFL standards, but he gets after it pretty good. It will be interesting to see. I have never seen Errin Joe so I have no opinion.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Finch will not play in the NFL. Bailey, when healthy, is one of our top two lineman. Too bad we will never see that potential.
What makes you say that about Finch? I mean, I don't see him as a lock either, but I think he may get a chance at somebody's camp as a FA.