Injury Reports

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Any idea who is hurt after the game yesterday for GT, UM and UVa?

I think UVa is in real trouble since they lost three D starters (two were on crutches and one in the locker room) yesterday.

UM lost their second string QB; when their starter came back in, he was booed. (Or Richt was which may be the same thing.)

This time of year, injuries become very important; even more so for teams with less depth (GT and UVa).

Deleted member 2897

Any idea who is hurt after the game yesterday for GT, UM and UVa?

I think UVa is in real trouble since they lost three D starters (two were on crutches and one in the locker room) yesterday.

UM lost their second string QB; when their starter came back in, he was booed. (Or Richt was which may be the same thing.)

This time of year, injuries become very important; even more so for teams with less depth (GT and UVa).

Never want to win because of injuries, but we all deal with it. I’ll take a win by any means necessary, other than intentionally dirty play.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I think our ol is healthy into the 2 and 3 deep and they all have quality playing. Glad that Brad Morgan got to play and did well as he maybe set to graduate .
Also when we needed to score at end Marshall finished the game moving to l t and lee played Rt . The line looks as solid as I have seen.

I am wondering about injuries on D!

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
I think our ol is healthy into the 2 and 3 deep and they all have quality playing. Glad that Brad Morgan got to play and did well as he maybe set to graduate .
Also when we needed to score at end Marshall finished the game moving to l t and lee played Rt . The line looks as solid as I have seen.

I am wondering about injuries on D![

JacketGirl

Jolly Good Fellow
DE8599A8-3BDB-4B5F-A550-4AF97F98F1FA.png
Kyle tweeted last night that he was good. Tweeted this morning that he’s not.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Never want to win because of injuries, but we all deal with it. I’ll take a win by any means necessary, other than intentionally dirty play.
Cheating?

I mean, I have family in Alabama, and they know a guy.....something about a bag of money....

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Nobody much mentions him anymore, and he's been a stalwart for us on the O-line. Haven't seen his dad on here in a long time either, so no updates from him.
Will is fine and has been fine.
Good man.

He played as a freshman. Rats

Imo - he lost weight to play tackle since stick was injured, lee s play dropped off a bit, and marshalls recovery was un certain. Then marshall (r shirt senior came back and ZQ showed promise. The log jam at guard showed the need to get backups into rotation. (Imo Morgan is quicker , better pass blocker , down field blocker than hansen who is a good drive blocker). Can play in all ol positions save c!
We will need all hands on deck the last 3 games

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Good man.

Imo - he lost weight to play tackle since stick was injured, lee s play dropped off a bit, and marshalls recovery was un certain. Then marshall (r shirt senior came back and ZQ showed promise. The log jam at guard showed the need to get backups into rotation. (Imo Morgan is quicker , better pass blocker , down field blocker than hansen who is a good drive blocker). Can play in all ol positions save c!
Over the years I’ve come to trust your OL insight. It’s nice having an OL expert on the board! (y)

Good man.

When you say he's "fine," do you mean he is over the injury he had? Is he playing at all? I can't believe that as good as he has been, he's just walking the sidelines now.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Over the years I’ve come to trust your OL insight. It’s nice having an OL expert on the board! (y)
Ha ha!
Thanks butI am just a father who watched his son play ol through college and coach H S for 20 years. (Actually I call my hs coaching son and get his opinion on technical. His ol teaching secret is legally holding. We were so slow teaching ol to hold while pass blocking!)
Even though Jerry says otherwise- the o l is doing very well since the Duke game. I credit COACH for getting involved.
We even do stretch zone blocking on the sweeps. Couldn't do that w the smaller ol of old or the giant ol of last half of 14 and first half of 15. Trey Klock and W Bryan are my sons favorite ol guy in the transition to big but mobile ol . Obviously he loves parker and cooper (if he watches his weight).

CHEESE I still remember in 15 u telling us to be wary of the plug and play at freshmen ab, bb, wr! Yikes was that a great call . Lots of upper classmen now !!!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Ha ha!
Thanks butI am just a father who watched his son play ol through college and coach H S for 20 years. (Actually I call my hs coaching son and get his opinion on technical. His ol teaching secret is legally holding. We were so slow teaching ol to hold while pass blocking!)
Even though Jerry says otherwise- the o l is doing very well since the Duke game. I credit COACH for getting involved.
We even do stretch zone blocking on the sweeps. Couldn't do that w the smaller ol of old or the giant ol of last half of 14 and first half of 15. Trey Klock and W Bryan are my sons favorite ol guy in the transition to big but mobile ol . Obviously he loves parker and cooper (if he watches his weight).

CHEESE I still remember in 15 u telling us to be wary of the plug and play at freshmen ab, bb, wr! Yikes was that a great call . Lots of upper classmen now !!!
I’m excited about next year’s offense with the returning and new players, but I’m worried about the defense with the loss of the senior DL’s and I don’t see much room for optimism for the returning LB corps. I sure hope the DB corps takes a big leap forward with experiential learning.