Incoming Transfers?

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
OK, so we're now back to 84 scholarships and there are rumors that there will be a few more.

We have at least 1 scholarship as of now we could give to a transfer. We have 13 seniors as of now, so technically that leaves only 13 scholarships for next years class without further attrition.

My question is how everyone believes we should attempt to fill those spots this summer...

what positions?
what classes? should we focus on senior transfers that will only be around 1 year but open up a scholarship again next year to sign an incoming freshman?

What would you do with whatever spots we end up having?

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
OK, so we're now back to 84 scholarships and there are rumors that there will be a few more.

We have at least 1 scholarship as of now we could give to a transfer. We have 13 seniors as of now, so technically that leaves only 13 scholarships for next years class without further attrition.

My question is how everyone believes we should attempt to fill those spots this summer...

what positions?
what classes? should we focus on senior transfers that will only be around 1 year but open up a scholarship again next year to sign an incoming freshman?

What would you do with whatever spots we end up having?

As you know - there is always attrition. Every where, every year.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Transfer Portal current as of 6:37Am eastern May 4th 2019.

Outgoing
JJ
Zakk
Parker
Damien

Incoming
Ezzard (Sitting one)
Davis ( already on Scholly)
Clayton - Will be 85th if we get waiver approved

As far as next year, it would appear that a ton of the SA who are Redshirt Juniors who esarn their degrees ( Like Benson & Braun) might be thanked for their time on the flats and encouraged to become Grad Transfers.... If this is true we will have more than 13 spots for scholarship next year....

Link
https://247sports.com/college/georgia-tech/Season/2019-Football/TransferPortal/

Dirty Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan

Outgoing
JJ
Zakk
Parker
Damien

Incoming
Ezzard (Sitting one)

As far as next year, it would appear that a ton of the SA who are Redshirt Juniors who esarn their degrees ( Like Benson & Braun) might be thanked for their time on the flats and encouraged to become Grad Transfers.... If this is true we will have more than 13 spots for scholarship next year....

Link

Is Ezzard officially sitting one? Coaching regime change not as compelling argument for immediate eligibly as not being able to win the job?

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer

Outgoing
JJ
Zakk
Parker
Damien

Incoming
Ezzard (Sitting one)

Link

I think Ezzard will play next year due to a new coach at the U. I hope so at least. Clayton might get a waiver because he just had a child and he’s moving closer to home (I think he’s from South GA, so the mileage is close)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
I’m concerned we look extremely thin on the OL depth wise. I think we have 13 on scholarship right now. I hope we add a transfer here. We have 5 seniors, so I’m not sure adding a senior OL would be helpful especially for 2020. I’d like to see an incoming RS freshman or Sophomore, even if it was a sit 1 play 2 or 3 kind of thing.

We also look thin numbers wise at DT and LB.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

Outgoing
JJ
Zakk
Parker
Damien

Incoming
Ezzard (Sitting one)

Link

So is Ezzard officially “out” for 2019?

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I'd give Ezzard better than 50/50 at getting eligible. Clayton I'd wager is less than 50/50. Would be amazing to have both on the field next fall.

Clayton's hometown is about 20 or 30 miles outside limit the ncaa has been using. Still think he could make an argument, given that he is a dad.