Improvements to BDS and game attendance and atmosphere...

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Not directly saying this to tech _wreck47, but a lot of these ideas are not taking into account the additional negative recruiting from our opponents that we would be demphasizing football.

That cost can not be calculated but it is very real.

Sadly, as with most things related to GT sports, we can't dream of doing better - only worse. No way we could hire leaders that have a vision of selling out what we have now, and then eventually add to it. That would require vision, dedication, a love of GT.

Wouldn't it be something if we had a fund raising campaign to actually tear down part of our stadium? Think of the great pub.
Yeah we can't decrease our capacity. Would make it even more of a nightmare to recruit

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Should have added that the airlines SHOULD mandate this.

That’s a potential loss in revenue. They’d rather cram you in because you would bring in bag fees and food/drinks/snacks fees that might not be there with one person paying for two seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we were mathematically still in the running for the Coastal headed into Miami week.
I think we were still in it until Pitt won in a noon game the same day as the UVA game. So that excuse doesn't fly. Besides, so you're saying the only games that matter are those in which we may win our division? Anybody who thinks like that is not a true fan, regardless of the school.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
So where were they last Saturday when the weather was great, the kickoff time was great, and it was an accepted fact that we at least had a good chance to win, already having won 4 out of the previous 5 games?

Because we were playing uva & we are in the state of Ga. uva has never won crap on the football field. Their biggest win in history was a Peach Bowl game about 25 years ago. Setting our standards on the basis of beating most ACC teams is not going to help us. UNLESS WE WIN LIKE CLEMSON & ugag- playing alcorn, bowling green, puke, uva, wake, maybe pitt & cuse, temple, elon, furman does not mean crap. UNLESS the game has significance for us as a top 15 / 10 or CFP team.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
That’s a potential loss in revenue. They’d rather cram you in because you would bring in bag fees and food/drinks/snacks fees that might not be there with one person paying for two seats.

Until the head count matched the seat count, that would not be an issue.
Let's face that problem once we get all the Sears sold.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Bring lots of $$$$$. It was really expensive. Bowl of soup $20. Fish and chips in a gas station $30. Filling up a VW Golf was over a hundred.

Yikes. I’ll have to scratch that off the list for now. I thought Alaska was expensive...geez.

herb

Helluva Engineer
I'm confused which is normal are we talking about improvements to BDS or planning a trip this year?

Equal opportunity board, can’t we do both? Maybe wait until after this week, but in need some European vacation tips for this summer. The Griswilds go to Europe part deux

Yikes. I’ll have to scratch that off the list for now. I thought Alaska was expensive...geez.

When you go to any major country, especially European and Japan, it is always best to go with a tour group, because most normal expenditures are covered in the tour cost, so you can spend your money on extras.

Because we were playing uva & we are in the state of Ga. uva has never won crap on the football field. Their biggest win in history was a Peach Bowl game about 25 years ago. Setting our standards on the basis of beating most ACC teams is not going to help us. UNLESS WE WIN LIKE CLEMSON & ugag- playing alcorn, bowling green, puke, uva, wake, maybe pitt & cuse, temple, elon, furman does not mean crap. UNLESS the game has significance for us as a top 15 / 10 or CFP team.
I might remind you that UVA was #1 in the country in 1990 until Tech beat them at Charlottesville. Now have they done anything since then? Nah, don't think so, but they've always been a thorn in our side.

Milwaukee

Banned
I think we were still in it until Pitt won in a noon game the same day as the UVA game. So that excuse doesn't fly. Besides, so you're saying the only games that matter are those in which we may win our division? Anybody who thinks like that is not a true fan, regardless of the school.

I believe you're wrong, I'm pretty sure we were mathematically eliminated back around the 10th of November. I'm not justifying anyone's so called "excuses" but that's a pretty dumb comment followed by another one about not being true fans. We simply don't have many fans to begin with, coupled with the fact that we're not having the year we should've had then it's just a poisonous mixture and the attendance this year clearly demonstrates that. The real fans are always gonna support, but we're definitely not gonna fill BDS when we're underachieving. It's pretty straight forward.