Improved Uniforms = Improved Production?

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I predict 23 extra yards over the course of the season. Prove me wrong.

algebra-linear-equations-practice-problems_58384.jpg

I'm not saying you are wrong but I just can't get 23 to work out.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I always thought the idea that R uniforms were inferior cane solely from aesthetic looks. But I have to reconsider this in light of the statements by Braun etc. if the pants were really that restrictive in comparison then I’m inclined to believe the change actually could impact play.

Range of motion impacts flexibility. Flexibility is pretty important on the field. I’m not saying the change is gonna equal more wins. But I have to concede play could improve as a result of the change. In a game where inches matter...who knows?

GTdragons

Jolly Good Fellow
It always seemed like I heard about us wearing the wrong cleats for certain games. Considering the bulk of our deal is apparel, I'd hope the players have a pair of cleats for every surface and weather combination imaginable. No more slipping on the rocket toss, please.

I’ve heard that as well but I don’t think it’s true. They really don’t make different kinds of cleats these days, as far as the studs are concerned. The modern artificial turf surfaces are realistic enough that regular cleats can be worn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah I was thinking more along the line of having more energy at the end of halves. I'm sure it's marginal, but with how close most of our games were last year/in the past, is it possible that the energy "saved" by not fighting against your own uniform would lead to better performance as the game goes on? I only bring it up because I saw Parker's comments, and then Trey Klock had such a strong negative opinion specifically on the Russell pants that he tweeted about them after seeing the AJC quotes. Just a thought.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
We will lose at least 30 yards per game in holding penalties because when our A-Backs are running down the seam untouched and the safety grabs their jersey, it won't show that it's being pulled like those Russell jerseys did!