Improved Uniforms = Improved Production?

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
There have been numerous statements by some of the players (Parker Braun, for example) about how much easier it is to move in the new adidas uniforms. How much do you think these improvements are worth as far as yardage or wins?

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Seriously , I don't think it will make any difference at all. It will be interesting for a couple games to see when the team runs out on the field. And recruits won't groan like they did with Russell. That's about it. I never heard specifics on the fit of the Russell uniforms before this . It was about the looks, or so I thought. But stretchier material won't translate to more yardage or wins definitively , unless the players specifically point it out, which I highly doubt.
Imagine the quote from KB : " Yeah man , the Clemson dude was coming up to tackle me , but 'cause I had on these stretchier pants , I put a move on him , and went to the house".

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
My rational brain wants to laugh at the mere suggestion that new uniforms could relate to a measurable improvement in performance.

But, last year several games could have been won or lost on a marginal improvement in "mobility". Against Miami, maybe in an Adidas jersey Lamont Simmons gets marginally more finger on the 4th down ball and knocks it far enough away to seal the win. As close as some of the losses were, a tiny improvement could have made a real difference.

That's not to mention the holding against our O-linemen (not sure how much of a difference snugger unis will really make). Also, IIRC the biggest issue at times had been our footwear, which wasn't supplied by Russell(?) Not sure if Adidas is supplying cleats now, but that really could make a difference.

I want to believe!!

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
My rational brain wants to laugh at the mere suggestion that new uniforms could relate to a measurable improvement in performance.

But, last year several games could have been won or lost on a marginal improvement in "mobility". Against Miami, maybe in an Adidas jersey Lamont Simmons gets marginally more finger on the 4th down ball and knocks it far enough away to seal the win. As close as some of the losses were, a tiny improvement could have made a real difference.

That's not to mention the holding against our O-linemen (not sure how much of a difference snugger unis will really make). Also, IIRC the biggest issue at times had been our footwear, which wasn't supplied by Russell(?) Not sure if Adidas is supplying cleats now, but that really could make a difference.

I want to believe!!
We seem to have cleat issues more times than I’d like to think about. Don’t know if it’s true or not

Cam

Helluva Engineer
It always seemed like I heard about us wearing the wrong cleats for certain games. Considering the bulk of our deal is apparel, I'd hope the players have a pair of cleats for every surface and weather combination imaginable. No more slipping on the rocket toss, please.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Seriously , I don't think it will make any difference at all. It will be interesting for a couple games to see when the team runs out on the field. And recruits won't groan like they did with Russell. That's about it. I never heard specifics on the fit of the Russell uniforms before this . It was about the looks, or so I thought. But stretchier material won't translate to more yardage or wins definitively , unless the players specifically point it out, which I highly doubt.
Imagine the quote from KB : " Yeah man , the Clemson dude was coming up to tackle me , but 'cause I had on these stretchier pants , I put a move on him , and went to the house".

Well, probably not but when Dodd became head coach the first thing he did was replace the "drab mustard colored" jerseys with brand new blue and gold jerseys for away and the much beloved white and gold jerseys with the black trim for home. He claimed that the new jerseys were "worth a touchdown" What was "worth a touchdown" was getting rid of two holdover coaches that were past their prime and hiring Ray Graves, Tonto Coleman, et.al. with up to date ideas on both offense and defense not to mention improving recruiting substantially to get players from outside of Georgia which in those days was NOT a recruiting hot bed.

It always seemed like I heard about us wearing the wrong cleats for certain games. Considering the bulk of our deal is apparel, I'd hope the players have a pair of cleats for every surface and weather combination imaginable. No more slipping on the rocket toss, please.
The players may have them, but it's up to the equipment manager to lay them out, or at least to be sure they're carried to the away games. If the players had been able to change at South Bend in 2015, it could have made a big difference, because they were slipping and sliding all over the field, and a dry field at that.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer

I want to believe!!

in the same game, maybe in adidas pants TQ isn't so water logged and manages to evade that tackle instead of slippign resulting in a first down off a long field flipping run and we don't even need simmons play.

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't know how it will improve performance but when every offensive linemen says they have better range of motion in the new Adidas unis then I would think that may improve performance a little. It's really about comfort. And looking good. Look good, feel good, play good. Hopefully!