Implications of the Pitt game this weekend

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
So, I really feel if we can't pull out the win this weekend then the rest of the year could be ugly for us. I feel like our team will "put up or shut up" and come away with a win. I just hope I'm right. If not, ugh, I don't even want to think about that....
I am not sure that it is really a "turning point type game" Coastal contention is pretty much out the window. This is a rebuilding year. The sooner the fan base accepts this the better off it will be. I look for continued improvement from our young players particularly on both lines and the defense in general. Better blocking and tackling will bode well for both the near future and next year.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
I think this is a big game with how the schedule sets up. If we can get out of Pitt with a W, we go into Southern next week and a bye after that. That gives us two solid weeks to really work on the fundamentals of our offense and get everything cleaned up before going into the 2nd half of our schedule, which doesn't look as daunting as the start. The momentum we can gain from a W would also be big. We have good players, they just need a few more reps in this offense in order to be comfortable.

UgagSucks

Jolly Good Fellow
I really think this game could be an indicator of a 5-win kind of season or an 8-win kind of season.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If we don't win Saturday, we might as well not even suit up for the rest of the year. The kids will totally lose confidence and probably their girlfriends too. Literally everything is riding on this game. Win and we go undefeated the rest of the way. Lose and we are toast with an empty stadium for GSU.

Seriously though, we need to start building something. Win or lose, I am looking for progress. I always want to win. Losing would make it harder to go to a good bowl etc etc, but in no way shape or form do I think this contest matters more than a single game. Saturday will mean we are 4-2 or 3-3 and not much more than that. Once again, this game is more about us than the opponent. If we continue to pull ourselves together things will probably go well.

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
All valid points. Big game this week! I think this team has fight in them and we win this weekend. Honestly if we play like we did against Miami 0n both sides of the ball(minus the fumbles on offense) I think we can win going away.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
If GT loses this game i think they go 3-3 in the last 6 games including a win(The media will say it's an upset) over an inconsistant struggling 7-5 UGAG team.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This weeks game is always the most important.

I'm still comfortable that we beat GSU, Fluke and UVa easily. And get one or two additional wins out of Pitt, UGAg, UNC and VT (in that order).

At some point I'm going to go back and show how many 3 win teams win more than 6 the next year. I know it is very few. I'm much happier being realistic.