Impact of Prior Games

Carober18

Georgia Tech Fan
At this point we just need to tee it up and get it on. There is no way to know if we pick up right after the Orange Bowl or not. There is no way to know if they have the advantage having played TX and UVA. We are fresh. They are beat up. Who the heck knows? There are advantages both ways. I believe in our guys. I believe we have good leadership. I believe we are unselfish, right down to the last man. I believe in our system and our QB's ability to run it. I believe our OL is veteran and tested. I believe our skill guys on O are athletic as all get out. I believe in our coach's ability to call a good game. I believe we have made strides on defense. I believe they are pretty darned good. I know they are playing at home. What does it all mean? Don't obsess. Be a fan. Watch the game. Enjoy the game. Support our kids.

We don't have to know going in if we are going to win or not. That is what sports are all about. We don't even need to determine what our percentage chance of winning is. We just need to play the game, watch the game, and find out. Man am I excited about getting on that plane tomorrow night, because I have no idea what is going to happen. Ain't it great?

I really love this post because, in my opinion, it is true in every sense. I have said to my wife, who is not as much into sports, that true sports are good for the soul. When, as a fan you care about something that, for all intents and purposes, is based on something fairly pure, like athletic competition, you truly are able to experience something honest, real and pure, like athletic competition. And it produces real and honest emotions, which is one of those things in life that, at least for me, I rarely experience.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Demeanor of CPJ is one of a confident "we have a good team ready to rumble". Clemson, Georgia ,MSU, FSU all were games with concern of opponents lines. We met them head on and moved the ball. We are deeper more experienced this year. ND didn't see the speed of GT when playing Texas or UVA. They are going to score and we will have to score more. We will!.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Texas is a mess and IMO UVA is only above average so I don't see a big deal here.

I think it's going to be more of how our young guys react to their first road trip and hostile environment.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
This is definitely going to be a tougher game but I don't know how much better their prior competition was. UVA looked better than expected, but that blowout of Texas isn't very telling.

Texas is flat out bad. Ignore the final score of Texas vs Rice and look at the box score

Total Yards: Texas -277|Rice - 462
TOP: Texas - 15:58 | Rice- 44:02
1st Downs: Texas - 11 | Rice - 30
3rd down efficiency: Texas - 3/8 or 37.5% | Rice - 14/21 or 66.7%
TO's: Texas -1 | Rice -5

Literally if it weren't for Rice turning the ball over Texas would have LOST TO RICE!

Fwiw, Texas had the ball for 9 drives, 10 if you count the end of the half. Rice had it 14 times. That's going to distort offensive production numbers, as will having a six yd TD drive and a 28 yd TD drive.