IMO reason for our troubles!

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
This was mentioned on another thread, but only a small mention. So here it is. The 2013 rec class was only 14 players total in the whole class. 6 moved on for reasons mentioned plenty of times. One player who started half the season last year has been out all year w/injury. One player hardly ever gets into game. the other player is our place kicker. So we have only 6 players out of that class who are on the field this year. I,m not counting our place kicker in the last number.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Make sure people understand where I went with this. 2014 and 2015 were VERY good!! The 2013 was WAS WAY TO SMALL!! And then all the attrition! That class should have leadership and players on the field in a large number! Instead only 6 on the field! This is why CPJ is doing a balancing act to even out the classes so we won't have that situation again!

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
How did we get so unbalanced in our recruiting? CPJ has been here for quite some time. Yet (almost) everyone who touches the ball, outside of Justin, is new to the system. What happened along the way? I know Custis didn't pan out and Leggett was injured (along with Summers). Dennis Andrews was kicked off the team. What else has transpired such that our skill guys are so green?Appreciate any feedback on this. I am thinking the same thing might happen next year with our DT's.

Andewa

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't forget about Myles Autry (AB), Anthony Autry (WR), Travin Henery (WR) leaving too. Also Gamble and Kallon will likely be the starters next year on DL so don't worry too much about that.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
in our recruiting? CPJ has been here for quite some time. Yet (almost) everyone who touches the ball, outside of Justin, is new to the system. What happened along the way? I know Custis didn't pan out and Leggett was injured (along with Summers). Dennis Andrews was kicked off the team. What else has transpired such that our skill guys are so green?Appreciate any feedback on this. I am thinking the same thing might happen next year with our DT's.
read the thread titled: IMO the reason for our troubles. This explains the balance you are referring to.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
How did we get so unbalanced in our recruiting? CPJ has been here for quite some time. Yet (almost) everyone who touches the ball, outside of Justin, is new to the system. What happened along the way? I know Custis didn't pan out and Leggett was injured (along with Summers). Dennis Andrews was kicked off the team. What else has transpired such that our skill guys are so green?Appreciate any feedback on this. I am thinking the same thing might happen next year with our DT's.
I am not sure of the timeline, but Tech had some minor problems with the ncaa which cost us some schollis. Just enough to cause the balance to become hard to manage. This is why after the 2013 class became SO small through the attrition CPJ started red shirting soph. and playing true fr. He is trying to rebalance; however now with so many injuries this rebalancing may be slowed down. JMOP.

Don't forget about Myles Autry (AB), Anthony Autry (WR), Travin Henery (WR) leaving too. Also Gamble and Kallon will likely be the starters next year on DL so don't worry too much about that.
I will always worry about our D line until they prove otherwise. Gamble and Kallon are average lineman and I wouldn't put to much stock into neither one of those guys.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
This was mentioned on another thread, but only a small mention. So here it is. The 2013 rec class was only 14 players total in the whole class. 6 moved on for reasons mentioned plenty of times. One player who started half the season last year has been out all year w/injury. One player hardly ever gets into game. the other player is our place kicker. So we have only 6 players out of that class who are on the field this year. I,m not counting our place kicker in the last number.
So our troubles in 2015 are because of the 2013 recruiting class? o_O

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
So our troubles in 2015 are because of the 2013 recruiting class? o_O
It's a combination of factors, but this is one of them. Small class with heavy attrition. It's cyclical. These two compounding factors helped us have a big class in 2015. When those guys are upperclassment, we will have a better chance to be successful.

The more upperclassmen you have on roster at any point in time is a huge plus. It just means you have a much better chance at having guys with a combination of skill and experience. Guys are better able to reach the maximum of their potential with more experience. We saw it culminate last year. We see the effects of a vacuum of experience right now in certain positions.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
@Boomergump , passive aggressive smarm never gets addressed on this board as insulting, demeaning etc., and the result is that only certain personalities are moderated.

The two posts above mine are a prime example of smarm, and don't contribute in a meaningful way to anything other than the posters' own sense of moral superiority to anonymous message board folks.

There are plenty of too-snarky GT message boards, so if GTSWARM wants to be the board of smarm I get that, but let's be consistent unless we declare that ls what we want to be.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
@Boomergump , passive aggressive smarm never gets addressed on this board as insulting, demeaning etc., and the result is that only certain personalities are moderated.

The two posts above mine are a prime example of smarm, and don't contribute in a meaningful way to anything other than the posters' own sense of moral superiority to anonymous message board folks.

There are plenty of too-snarky GT message boards, so if GTSWARM wants to be the board of smarm I get that, but let's be consistent unless we declare that ls what we want to be.
Not trying to be smarmy with this, but the ignore feature can be your friend, too. ;)