I'm looking for our wr's to have a field day Saturday

4NatlChmps

Jolly Good Fellow
Yes, I agree - the scheme and blocking packages will be in full effect. Also, wheel routes, belly, counter and much QB follow.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We have cracked a couple times, but you are right, not much anyway. In any case, that will be the least of it. CPJ has a TON of stuff that can go to for the game plan every week now. It will be tough for ND to be ready for all of it.

If ND aligns against us like they did against NAVY, you may be right in another way besides just dumping guys on their heads. When you have a single safety, there is a lot of grass out there. JT is pretty accurate. He doesn't just heave up jump balls.

Greenjackets

Georgia Tech Fan
I would bet that even more than blocking, our ability to stretch the field with pass plays will be pivotal. I would bet that ND will be well schooled on defending the triple because that's the key to containing Navy. But that's only a part of what we do. I fully expect that they will load the box with 8 or 9 and dare us to pass. I think we will be ready.

Defense is what I am concerned about. I think their WR Will Fuller #7 will cause a lot of problems for us assuming the true freshman QB can get him the ball.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I would bet that even more than blocking, our ability to stretch the field with pass plays will be pivotal. I would bet that ND will be well schooled on defending the triple because that's the key to containing Navy. But that's only a part of what we do. I fully expect that they will load the box with 8 or 9 and dare us to pass. I think we will be ready.

Defense is what I am concerned about. I think their WR Will Fuller #7 will cause a lot of problems for us assuming the true freshman QB can get him the ball.
DJ white might have a little something to say about fuller having a big day.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer

Need to pressure QB. In his face, hurries and a smack or two.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
DJ white might have a little something to say about fuller having a big day.
He will have his hands full. DJ has a chance to show out for scouts.
Fuller reminds me of a longer Dez White. He is the best WR we will face all season, especially since Mike Williams is hurt.
Our secondary will have to get off blocks. ND throws a lot of WR screens.

On our WR, they have to block their tails off and catch the few targets they get.