If you knew then what we know now

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I said 9-3/10-2 at the beginning of the year because I thought with QW and a grad transfer coming in that we wouldn't lose much at BB and I thought Dennis Andrews and snoddy would be a really good one two punch at AB. I also thought our defense that played pretty well the second half of the season last year would be a top 30 defense this year, and our OL would miss shaq but might improve overall. I thought we would miss our WRs the most, but wouldn't ever have guessed worse than 7-5 because I just wear gold colored glasses all the time. It has been a really weird year of losing close games, and our OL and defense have been really disappointing. If we don't make a coaching change on the OL and if we can't find a defensive line we will be in for a tough year next year. I imagine our offense will be better, probably in between the level of production of 2014 and this year, but I don't see our defense improving unless some freshmen and RS freshmen DLinemen really step up. But, no matter what happens I will be rooting on our Jackets!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We really took it on the chin with injuries and other teams sending 7 (see my post feb 25) . I had 8/4 or 9/3. With the thought the senior safeties and db would allow blitzing defense to carry us early I was optimistic the defense would have an identity.
I was wrong.
Knowing what we know I say 3 w to date
THEN WIN OUT
6-6

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
How I thought the Coastal would end up
1.GT
2.UM
3.VT
4.Duke
5.UNC
6.Pitt
7.UVA

How it is now.
1.UNC
2.Pitt
3.UM
4.Duke
5.VT
6.UVA
7.GT

I don't think nobody would've predicted these standings. But given the injurys then I was kinda hard headed about how anyone could be successful in our offense as long as we had good push from our OL and a good QB so I would've probably predicted 9-3 maybe 8-4. I've learned more about our offense and skill set this year than in all the years past. Hopefully this experience pays off big for our young guys in the years to come.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
What I thought then;
QB - JT = Heisman Trophy caliber
RB - Marcus Allen, Marcus Marshall, Snotty, Skov = Plug and Play
WR - Jeune, Summers, Messick, Stewart = Should be OK someone will step-up
OL - 4 of 5 returning = Strength
DL - Jabari, Gotsis, Freeman, Kallon, Whitehead, = Much Improved

What I think now;
QB - Regressed, easy to blame on OL but not the player I thought
RB - Injuries, Skov not as advertised, Marcus Marshall as advertised and will be a stud
WR - Injuries, I think given time Brad Stewart will be the real deal
OL - 4/5 returning, coaching continuity, biggest question mark ??
DL - Injuries, Jabari IS blockable and need better talent