If you had a wish list for AD JB what would it be?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The fees are revenue generated that the AA can use at their discretion. That flat fee has no bearing on whether they get into the game or not.

The tickets (2500 per game) are allotted on a first come, first served basis. There are additional student tickets that are dedicated to the Student Yellow Jacket Club. Membership costs either $15 or $65 depending on the level. As a sidewalk fan, I am not entirely sure how it works but these tickets are guaranteed to the student, not first come, first served.
So the gt students are mandated by gt to pay the fee ( 127$ ) to the benefit of gtaa = about 7% of its operating budget. ( about 5 million$) . They get 15000 tickets * 30=".5 million$. Seems like they are getting screwed. They are the customer we need in the stands.

Looking at student fees at other acc shows we are about the same as some and are m less than most.

Looking at donations and straight up ticket sales is where we are woefully behind! Others are 2 to 3 to 4 times our donations

The gtaa needs to find a way to get students in the stands. Move some money around to get them rowdy.

The gt millionaire thing maybe an un available asset. Wonder why we are so far below other schools.
Time will tell if Batt can crack open more wallets.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
How does waiving the fee incentivize students to attend games?
Think u joined in before my last post.
Way above was advocating for a long term solution to gtaa having the lowest in acc donations and ticket sales.
We are cellar dwellers in the differential dollarss

Way above i proposed that gtaa must do something dramatic to get the students to the games and make them rowdy. VERY GENEROUS AT GAME GIVE AWAYS - not rebates

I made the mistake of being to specific on where to get the money.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
How does waiving the fee incentivize students to attend games?
Think u joined in before my last post.
Way above was advocating for a long term solution to gtaa having the lowest in acc donations and ticket sales.
We are cellar dwellers in the differential dollarss

Way above i proposed that gtaa must do something dramatic to get the students to the games and make them rowdy.

I made the mistake of being to specific on where to get the money.

Richard7125

Jolly Good Fellow
I took a class at Tech where the professor would have 1 or 2 extra credit questions that had nothing to do with the subject. They had to do with some obscure topic mentioned in class and the only way you would know they answer is if you attended class or just happened to know the obscure topic. It was his way of encouraging attendance to his class. I have always thought the school could do something like this to increase attendance at sporting events.

Most of us remember the awful professors who were only interested in research but had to teach some classes, but many professors are big Tech fans and want the school’s sports to do well. Cabrerra could encourage (ie not mandate) professors to get creative in encouraging Tech students to experience all of college life and not just their specific classes. Maybe it’s an extra credit question you would only know if you were at an event. There are ways to be creative with this.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Acutally they it looks like they prepay 5.2 million in student fees a year.

We could give some $ back on their card if they attend and buy beer! Kind of like getting free beer at the game. What could go wrong w that?
Most college kids aren't legal until their senior year (at least in the fall). We all know that doesn't stop college kids from drinking, but that's just a nightmare waiting to happen.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I took a class at Tech where the professor would have 1 or 2 extra credit questions that had nothing to do with the subject. They had to do with some obscure topic mentioned in class and the only way you would know they answer is if you attended class or just happened to know the obscure topic. It was his way of encouraging attendance to his class. I have always thought the school could do something like this to increase attendance at sporting events.

Most of us remember the awful professors who were only interested in research but had to teach some classes, but many professors are big Tech fans and want the school’s sports to do well. Cabrerra could encourage (ie not mandate) professors to get creative in encouraging Tech students to experience all of college life and not just their specific classes. Maybe it’s an extra credit question you would only know if you were at an event. There are ways to be creative with this.
Last season we couldnt come to one of fhe games.

I asked my rep to forward my game tickets to a prof that was most pro gt football

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
What is your idea to get students at game making great memories.
I liked all the ideas flowing. I just think giving them credit to buy beer is a bad idea. Mostly, I remember drinking heavily before the game and then flasks in the game. Cheaper than buying beer at the concessions.

However, if we want our students to be engaged in the games, the biggest thing to do is WIN. The excitement associated with a winning team is infectious. I was there in 1990, and I saw it firsthand.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I liked all the ideas flowing. I just think giving them credit to buy beer is a bad idea. Mostly, I remember drinking heavily before the game and then flasks in the game. Cheaper than buying beer at the concessions.

However, if we want our students to be engaged in the games, the biggest thing to do is WIN. The excitement associated with a winning team is infectious. I was there in 1990, and I saw it firsthand.
You responded to my idea by carping about it. Thats called belittling it w extraneous details.

I asked you for your ideas about getting students in stands and having fun and you respond with "just win baby".

If in ACC we keep having tougher standards, buy fewer tickets, donate less, and have a lame student section; imo we may win sometimes.

Trying again:
While we wait on winning, do you or anyone have any ccreative ideas NOW that are cheap but fun.

Last edited:

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
You responded to my idea by carping about it. Thats called belittling it w extraneous details.

I asked you for your ideas about getting students in stands and having fun and you respond with "just win baby".

If in ACC we keep having tougher standards, buy fewer tickets, donate less, and have a lame student section; imo we may win sometimes.

Trying again:
While we wait on winning, do you or anyone have any ccreative ideas NOW that are cheap but fun.
Like I said, I like all the ideas that were thrown out there with the exception of free beer. The university giving free beer to students...bad idea, in my opinion. It wasn't personal.

I don't think anything but winning will move the needle. But, I liked the car idea.

I think getting the freshmen on the field to start the game like we used to would be great but I think that's a NCAA or league rule (have to be badged to be on the field).

Improve the wifi in the stadium.

Put together competitions amongst the different blocks in block seating like with ATL UTD (and soccer everywhere).

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Like I said, I like all the ideas that were thrown out there with the exception of free beer. The university giving free beer to students...bad idea, in my opinion. It wasn't personal.

I don't think anything but winning will move the needle. But, I liked the car idea.

I think getting the freshmen on the field to start the game like we used to would be great but I think that's a NCAA or league rule (have to be badged to be on the field).

Put together competitions amongst the different blocks in block seating like with ATL UTD (and soccer everywhere).
Sorry i got teste. We are all in this together

I really like idea of the " rats on the field" again!! At each game we could make it for a different group students that are rabid fans. They would be the kids eligible for prizes.(This reminds me of when baylor opened their stadium. The baylor president was given big head start as they raced to their seats) . Perhaps we could block off some seats in north endzone. In pre game they could assemble in south endzone. Then some celebity prof who loves football could lead them as they race to their seats we have block in front row of north end zone. They would get a chance to be by the players for one game. Each of them could get a tee shirt to help them remember. I bet the old foggies where i sit in 105 would chip in 25$ per seat to be a part of the new / old rats on the field tradition . This would link the old alumni and the young alumni.
Love the idea! Rats on the field.

Not idea of what block competition at soceer games is?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Sorry i got teste. We are all in this together

I really like idea of the " rats on the field" again!! At each game we could make it for a different group students that are rabid fans. They would be the kids eligible for prizes.(This reminds me of when baylor opened their stadium. The baylor president was given big head start as they raced to their seats) . Perhaps we could block off some seats in north endzone. In pre game they could assemble in south endzone. Then some celebity prof who loves football could lead them as they race to their seats we have block in front row of north end zone. They would get a chance to be by the players for one game. Each of them could get a tee shirt to help them remember. I bet the old foggies where i sit in 105 would chip in 25$ per seat to be a part of the new / old rats on the field tradition . This would link the old alumni and the young alumni.
Love the idea! Rats on the field.

Not idea of what block competition at soceer games is?
I have never seen as involved a group of fans as at soccer matches. Whether it be the Premier League, the Bundesliga, MLS, or where ever. Soccer fans chant, sing, cheer, and are rip-roaringly involved with the game. It's a little harder with American Football with all the starts and stops, but it could be done.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I have never seen as involved a group of fans as at soccer matches. Whether it be the Premier League, the Bundesliga, MLS, or where ever. Soccer fans chant, sing, cheer, and are rip-roaringly involved with the game. It's a little harder with American Football with all the starts and stops, but it could be done.
The soceer fan chant thing reminds me of a great chant we did at BDS.
"You have a free idea thats fun, rowdy , easy unites gt fans in healthy competition. (Requires a good stadium announcer).

WTF happened to this gt football chant??
BDS east yells= YELLOW
BDS west yells= JACKETS.

Your point about winning causing celebration rings true here. Introduce in a game where gt football team is winning by beating the other team. As we get better this would be organic and a positve memory that easily participated in. Even nerds in dorm would hear us and wonder.

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
The soceer fan chant thing reminds me of a great chant we did at BDS.
"You have a free idea thats fun, rowdy , easy unites gt fans in healthy competition. (Requires a good stadium announcer).

WTF happened to this gt football chant??
BDS east yells= YELLOW
BDS west yells= JACKETS.

Your point about winning causing celebration rings true here. Introduce in a game where gt football team is winning by beating the other team. As we get better this would be organic and a positve memory that easily participated in. Even nerds in dorm would hear us and wonder.
Agreed! The cheer has been absent the last couple years. Needs to come back.