If we win bowl, are we preseason ranked in 2017?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
We probably have a better chance of ending 2016 ranked than starting 2017 ranked. We are losing our Senior QB.

I think there are two issues. (1) the "experts" bought-in before 2015 and got burned by our bad performance; (2) they might want both Tech and Tenn ranked to boost viewership

I hope not. Season usually doesn't go well when that occurs. Better at being the dark horse in preseason expectations. I hope Heather Dinich is doing the evaluation!! STB!!

GTFLETCH

Banned
I think if we end with 9 wins and 3-0 vs SEC we will end up in TOP 25 of AP and Coaches this year in the final rankings!!

I think if we end with 9 wins and 3-0 vs SEC we will end up in TOP 25 of AP and Coaches this year in teh final rankings!!
That would be a great season. Which this has been season so far. Would like to go into next season with Clemson, UNcheat, F$U getting all the talk. Oh yeah, the ville to. It's more fun breaking hearts all year as the team people forgot about.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I am in the camp which says rankings are very important. If you are not in the final four where it is decided on the field, rankings are everything. That is one of the reasons the bias toward the SEC in preseason so galls me. If you look at the SEC teams still there, I think a big part of that is they began the season with voter's expectation that they would be good. Had we been ranked preseason, my guess is that we would be in the rankings somewhere right now. I'd love to see us get in there, end of this bowl season or the beginning of next year.