IF THE UNTHINKABLE HAPPENS

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Monday night. I’m afraid to watch. It’s hard to beat a good team twice.

If the unthinkable happens Monday night what will you do to cope? Remember, if the unthinkable happens we will be hearing about it and seeing clips of it for years. It will be even harder to live in this state. It will be bad.

What’re ya gonna do?
I don't know but I am open to any suggestions that do not involve suicide.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
As John McKay once said after a loss by USC "when the sun comes up tomorrow, one and a half billion Chinese won't even know this game was even played".
I think this one is relevant to a lot of teams that are football factories but can't get in the playoffs: "Three or four plane crashes and we will be in the playoffs." John McKay

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I don’t like Bama.
I despise UGA.
There is no good outcome Monday night.
I’ll be “rooting” for the lesser of evils.
I hate UGA even more for making me root for Bama.
I’ll feel dirty / ashamed if Bama wins.
I’ll be angry / disgusted if UGA wins.
If we were an 11 win ACC champ, I would feel exactly the same about this upcoming game.
Hating UGA has nothing to do with Tech’s successes or failures.
Rooting for Tech is not predicated on Tech’s successes or failures.
Like I told my Alabama in laws that are Auburn fans: Its a shame both of them can't lose.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

If the unthinkable happens Monday night what will you do to cope? Remember, if the unthinkable happens we will be hearing about it and seeing clips of it for years. It will be even harder to live in this state. It will be bad.

What’re ya gonna do?
The history of these kinds of rematches is a mixed bag even with the proverbial "It is hard to beat a good team twice". Two best examples were the 1959 Ole Miss - LSU matchup and the 1996 Florida -FSU games both rematches in the Sugar Bowl. In 1959, Ole Miss had the number one team in the nation playing LSU on Halloween night in Baton Rouge. Trailing the Rebels 3-0, Billy Canon had his Heisman Moment with a long punt return for the only touchdown in the game as the Tigers prevailed 7-3. The Sugar Bowl rematch was a different story as number 2 Ole Miss handily beat number 3 LSU 21-0.

In 1996, the #1 Gators lost to #2 FSU 21-24 but then in the rematch in the Sugar Bowl the #3 Gators waxed the #1 Seminoles 52-20. Maybe there is something to that beating a good team twice theory. We will find out Monday.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Also the idea that rooting against your rival proves you are the “little brother” is hogwash. My old roommate is a Bama grad and he gladly roots against Auburn every week, no matter how many titles Saban wins. Likewise, all my mutt friends root against us every week and have their fun with me every time we lose(which is a lot these days). It’s part of the fun of sports. I believe a lot of you guys are acting holier than thou about this as a form of denial because they are most likely winning it all tomorrow night and we’re gonna have to accept that.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Of course I always want the Jackets to win but how could you not root for Stetson Bennett IV based on his story and what he has been through.
Um, easy, he plays for uga. A true Tech fan would never even hesitate to root for whomever is playing them, regardless. That being said, them winning sucks the same way the New Orleans Aints winning does. Doesn't affect my life, but still pisses me off.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I couldn't agree with this more. Our fan base seems more georgia haters than tech fans. When our team is as bad as they have been recently, it just adds an even more pathetic feeling. Combine that with the fact that COFH is more of an afterthought to uga and it is just sad...
That's only because they're playing and we're not. Go back and look throughout the season, the only time there was a legitimate thread on uga was when we played them. It's just the TIME to hate the dawgs.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
I have been preparing myself mentally for the inevidable for a few years now. I don't care that the team wins, it's the barking unwashed masses of fans I have had to prepare myself to deal with. Some of them work for me, and I have to remain professional.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow

What’re ya gonna do?
Are we forgetting about the coaching GOAT that is Saint Nicholas Saban? Are we forgetting how that every time lil georgie looks to have an advantage Saban pulls something out of his hat? I can't find the article, but I remember reading this past week an article where a dwag player admitted that they only game planned for Jalen Hurts in 2017. He went on to say that their plan involved keeping Hurts in the pocket and forcing him to beat them through the air. Once Saban put Tua in, they had no idea what he would bring to the table and didn't realize how much better of a passer he was than Hurts. Saban is playing chess while Smarty pants is playing checkers. The world is not falling, georgie will find a way to lose. Let's all watch and rejoice at their repeated failures. Remember, their NC was sacrificed to the baseball gods so that the Braves would win the World Series!

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
271698759_1546713405697243_8454233582709786253_n.jpg