If the Monday Night Game

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
Makes you wonder. Another if. Would the committee have taken an 11-1 ND over Bammer or OU? Does each game matter?

I’m still of the opinion, that no conference should get two teams, as long as you pick only four.

I would normally agree with this, but in all fairness two other teams had chances to knock out Alabama and Georgia and neither could get it done. Like it or not the two best teams in the country played each other last night.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I would normally agree with this, but in all fairness two other teams had chances to knock out Alabama and Georgia and neither could get it done. Like it or not the two best teams in the country played each other last night.
Ohio State and UCF still have good arguments that the two best teams didn't play last night. Arguments can be made that Alabama and the cry mutts were the best, but it isn't indisputable.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
For those of us hoping that the Dawgs would get their hearts ripped out and stomped on, it could not have turned out better. Saban proved he is the best coach in CFB today. He gets the best players, they don't go to jail, they graduate, and he has the guts to go to a freshman QB to give his team a chance to win.
I especially liked how the freshman QB had the presence to look off to his right and then throw the winning TD to his left. I've seen many senior QBs that still can't do that. Impressive !

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
For those of us hoping that the Dawgs would get their hearts ripped out and stomped on, it could not have turned out better. Saban proved he is the best coach in CFB today. He gets the best players, they don't go to jail, they graduate, and he has the guts to go to a freshman QB to give his team a chance to win.
I especially liked how the freshman QB had the presence to look off to his right and then throw the winning TD to his left. I've seen many senior QBs that still can't do that. Impressive !

The freshman quarterback was on GAM just before 8:00a. Very humble young man, the kind you would like to date your daughter.

One of the lineman was on also and they should him proposing to his fiancée. He indicated he would have proposed later if they did not win...

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
The freshman quarterback was on GAM just before 8:00a. Very humble young man, the kind you would like to date your daughter.

One of the lineman was on also and they should him proposing to his fiancée. He indicated he would have proposed later if they did not win...
Saw that piece too. Very impressive, well spoken, humble young men.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The "best" team??? How the hell does anybody really know? Who beat UCF? Who beat Bama and Georgia and lost to UCF? I'm sick and tired of teams getting a shot because of what they have on paper and not what they do on the field. UCF deserved a shot.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Saban love on a GT board... really? I had to turn off ESPN last night because I was about to barf. The dude is a good coach, but he has a hand picked bunch of mercenaries that have one job.... football. SA's at the factories, especially the ones displaying their talents last night, are the farthest thing from regular college students in all of college football. I hope their rings bring them comfort when they get home exhausted from pulling a double at Walmart in 5 years.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Love is too strong a word. Everything else you wrote is true. That is CFB today. I don't like the uneven playing field with the factories and teams like ours. I would love to turn back the clock , about 50 years, to when I first became a Tech fan, but that ain't going to happen. No, it's not love , more like begrudging realistic respect. We can wrap ourselves in the comfort that 1 in 6 of us are millionaires and none of our players will ever work at Walmart, which is realistically more important. But , as I mentioned before , that is not CFB today.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
The "best" team??? How the hell does anybody really know? Who beat UCF? Who beat Bama and Georgia and lost to UCF? I'm sick and tired of teams getting a shot because of what they have on paper and not what they do on the field. UCF deserved a shot.
I'm all for an 8 team playoff. But generally speaking there's a wide gulf between teams 1 and 8. Not that anyone can't beat anyone else on a given day. You really think UCF would've been able to hang with Bama or Georgia?

And remember, Team A beats Team B beard Team C does not mean Team A will beat Team C.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Could anyone even imagine that in a really big game that PJ would pull TM after falling behind to put in a freshman that has hardly played? Saban realized he needed someone that could pass to have a chance. Just unbelievable.

Paul has proven time and time again he has the stones to make big and risky calls in games. I think that shows he is able to make a change at qb IF...IF....he has a qb capable of stepping in as needed.

He has titanium balls. If he had a situation like Saban had last night I think he’s be very willing to make the same call. But this is the problem when comparing apples with oranges.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
You really think UCF would've been able to hang with Bama or Georgia?

What proof do you have that UCF could not hang with them? The only thing you have is the "thought" that they couldn't. Thoughts do not prove those two were the best teams. Ohio State played in an extra game and a tougher schedule than Alabama. There is no "proof" that they weren't as good as those two either. And before arguing against UCF or Ohio State keep in mind that I am only responding to your post that cry mutts and Alabama are indeed the best teams. I say that at least two other teams have arguments that that isn't the case. If it isn't indisputable, then any claims that they are the best teams are just the "thoughts" of people, not facts.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
pretty average historically. just better than the last 2
E9IChf9.png