IF Pastner is fired, who would be a good hire to replace him?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
You can eviscerate me for not doing one this go around.

That said, miss me with the retreads.

Alford & Sendek & Turgeon & Mike Anderson. Holy ****.

At least he didn't list Noodles Neal.

Not doing one?

Tfd101 GIF by Tacoma FD

Agree on retreads tho

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

Good list to throw away with the exception of Kennedy. He might be the most undervalued coach ever. Effing guy wins games.

Grant McCasland
Pat Kelsey
Larry Kristowiak
Casey Alexander
Bob Ritchie

Unfortunately, our best chance to land a huge victory was hired by Mizzou last year and who he brought with him could have resulted in an empire.

If you want more of the same, hire a dub like Turgeon. At some point, the fans of this program have to cease coveting coaches that other programs are dying to be rid of

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
John Beilein, I know he’s older and got tired of the cheating going on in cbb but he’s a great teacher of the game. At Michigan he found underrated pgs and turned them into nba picks.
2nd choice Jonas Hayes, either one would be a major major upgrade than what we have now!!!

Beilein absolutely, but Hayes's experience as head coach is measured in months and is currently 9-12 and (2-7) at State.

Jack

Jolly Good Fellow
BetMGM (degenerate gamblers!! :p ) also likes Ron Hunter, but I think he’s out of eligible kids

BetMGM (degenerate gamblers!! :p ) also likes Ron Hunter, but I think he’s out of eligible kids

This must be rough on a coach to hear stuff like this, however,
he has comfort in 2.5 mil per year.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
For the record, I’d offer Beard 3MM a year from the jump. I don’t GAF……I want to win. Y’all can judge me. Go ahead
Thing is, we all know GT wouldn’t offer him just based on the optics of his situation. I’d be surprised if they even reached out. We do dumb **** often.

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
I have been ready to say goodbye to Pastner for a while. However, in this NIL era idk if any coach we can afford can change GT sports. It's all about NIL money now. It's spend to win and we are broke.
Partly true. Kentucky ain’t winning **** and you know they spend more than anyone.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Partly true. Kentucky ain’t winning **** and you know they spend more than anyone.
They are also historically dropping their money on high potential 1&D Freshmen whose college careers are more up in the air. Dropping bags on a proven talent like Nijel Pack to get a surefire double digit scorer is a big difference.