If our two Final Four squads played in a seven game series, who comes out on top?

Who wins in a seven game series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MidtownJacket

Staff member
We had some dudes in both those squads but I think the 2004 group had more jazz in their game. CPH basically told Jack to run the O as he saw it and we had guys doing some crazy things.

For me the the edge goes to 1990 in guard play but 2004 for the bigs.

Also is this a coached game or player ran?

TheDanielHordShow

Helluva Engineer
We had some dudes in both those squads but I think the 2004 group had more jazz in their game. CPH basically told Jack to run the O as he saw it and we had guys doing some crazy things.

For me the the edge goes to 1990 in guard play but 2004 for the bigs.

Also is this a coached game or player ran?
Hmm... didn't think of that. Let's say the two coaches are in their heyday as well.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
We were clearly the second best team at the end of the year in 1990 and college basketball was better then. 2004 was a great defensive team. Lethal Weapon 3 was not a team anyone could shut down.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
I have to go with the 1990 squad. Too much high end talent. I love the 2004 squad but the talent level of the top teams in college basketball in 1990 was much higher.

yjfan

Jolly Good Fellow
KA was a force of nature with the ball. Every shot scott took looked good when leaving his fingers. Oliver and mackey filed their roles perfectly. While I think Byrum could be the x factor i agree 1990 had too much high end talent

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Props to Jarrett Jack and the 04 squad, but this ain’t even close. Lethal Weapon 3 sweeps 4-0.

No one could check 3D and Kenny would have eaten JJ like a snack, especially in transition.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Props to Jarrett Jack and the 04 squad, but this ain’t even close. Lethal Weapon 3 sweeps 4-0.

No one could check 3D and Kenny would have eaten JJ like a snack, especially in transition.
The one exception that could have turned the tide in favor of the '04 squad was if any of the lethal weapon three got in foul trouble. '04 had much more depth. You had guys like Jack, Elder, Schenscher, McHenry, Muhammed, Bynum, Marvin Lewis, Robert Brooks and Clarence Moore. We were able to make it to the championship game with Elder going down. I don't see that happening if Oliver, Scott or Anderson got hurt. Or Mackey for that matter.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
The one exception that could have turned the tide in favor of the '04 squad was if any of the lethal weapon three got in foul trouble. '04 had much more depth. You had guys like Jack, Elder, Schenscher, McHenry, Muhammed, Bynum, Marvin Lewis, Robert Brooks and Clarence Moore. We were able to make it to the championship game with Elder going down. I don't see that happening if Oliver, Scott or Anderson got hurt. Or Mackey for that matter.
They might win one that way. You are right.

The biggest gap is the difference in college basketball quality from 1990 to 2004, especially in top conferences. There is no way Dennis Scott plays a third year in 2004.

GTBandman

Jolly Good Fellow
UNLV should have been given death penalty. GT was best team that year. cremins could hand the ball to KA and say play like first team to 100 wins and let it go.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Johnny McNeil. Karl Brown played about the same number of minutes. Karl Brown was one of the best perimeter defenders I have ever seen. He wasn't a scorer but he was perfect for that team. They didn't need another scorer.
I loved watching Karl Brown play and shut down his man. A bit of an unsung hero with his defensive skills

BeeRBee

Jolly Good Fellow
Johnny McNeil. Karl Brown played about the same number of minutes. Karl Brown was one of the best perimeter defenders I have ever seen. He wasn't a scorer but he was perfect for that team. They didn't need another scorer.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
The 1990 team was a blast to watch. Not sure I can make an argument that 8-6 in conference (3rd) makes you the best team in the country.
Much like a lot of teams we remember, they put together a really fun run through the ACCT and NCAAT. Second round, sweet 16 and final 8 wins were all one bucket margins and we easily could’ve lost each of them to teams most would struggle yo remember.