IF CPJ sticks around for a while, this is one of the reasons

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Wait #2 as in the 2nd hottest seat? People are delusional.
" but some still think it’s time for a change after his 3-9 campaign in 2015."

I think some of those "some" post on this forum. However, I only personally know 1 GT fan who thinks that way, and I know hundreds.

It is painfully obvious how hard "journalists" are trying to make themselves relevant when there is very little actual information to report.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
" but some still think it’s time for a change after his 3-9 campaign in 2015."

I think some of those "some" post on this forum. However, I only personally know 1 GT fan who thinks that way, and I know hundreds.

It is painfully obvious how hard "journalists" are trying to make themselves relevant when there is very little actual information to report.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
there was a thread on reddit's r/cfb yesterday started by a Tech fan of "if you're AD whats the first think you're doing?" and his first thing was to fire CPJ and get an "exciting offense"

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
there was a thread on reddit's r/cfb yesterday started by a Tech fan of "if you're AD whats the first think you're doing?" and his first thing was to fire CPJ and get an "exciting offense"

That is the same thing the one guy I know says. I only know him because he works at a store that I go to infrequently. When he sees me in my GT hat, he will start to talk about football. The typical conversation is:

"I wish we would get rid of the coach and put in the spread offense. That wishbone is just too boring. I don't want to watch 3 yards every play."
"Do you realize that GT leads to NCAA in most plays over 40 yards this year? We have more big plays than Oregon." sometimes it is just top ten instead of first
"Well that offense is just too boring, I can't watch it"
"If you watched it and saw the big plays, you might change your mind."
"No, I was in that offense in high school and I know everything about it. It is just boring, I can't watch."
"OK, well I will have fun at the games."

The guy doesn't watch the games, because he knows how boring it is. He doesn't have a clue that the offense consistently is in the top ten of explosive plays. He just wants the offense gone so he can see the spread.

Of all of the people that I: went to GT with, work with that went to GT, know that went to GT, live in my area that are sidewalk fans: This is the only guy I have personally encountered that does not like the offense or the coach.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
How can you be on the Dodd Award watch list and the hotseat at the same time? Rivals needs to put down the mason jar of moonshine and get back to lying about recruiting rankings.

by going 7 wins, 11 wins, 3 wins, 9 wins in consecutive years. Weird things happen when you average 6 win difference in year to year performance.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
by going 7 wins, 11 wins, 3 wins, 9 wins in consecutive years. Weird things happen when you average 6 win difference in year to year performance.

I would take this everyday over the consistency that CCG and his staff brought to the table. While the variation can drive one batty the chance to beat Uga makes the whole thing worthwhile. Chan never brought that to the table. Keep up the good work Coach!

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I would take this everyday over the consistency that CCG and his staff brought to the table. While the variation can drive one batty the chance to beat Uga makes the whole thing worthwhile. Chan never brought that to the table. Keep up the good work Coach!

I'm not saying it's grounds to fire him. I'm saying that is how you get on both the hot seat and the Dodd Award watch list.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Exactly. The only difference between Chan and George Welsh is that Chan didn't pick his nose as much.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
I actually like the article. Usually when the public doubts CPJ he gives us double digit win seasons. I appreciate the author for our impending 15-0 season