I know what my problem is now after thinking about it

stech81

Helluva Engineer
It’s crazy to me how long some of you have been Tech fans, you guys has been watching for longer then my Dads been alive.
Just so you will know what it is like to be old:
1) you know you are old when you have been there and done that but don't remember what that was
2) You will know your old when you can cough ,fart, sneeze, and pee at the same time
3) When you get old you will drive faster because you don't want to forget where you were going
4) You know your old when you look for your car keys for an hour to find they are in your hand.
5) you will know you are old when in the middle of the night you get up to pee get to the 6 bathroom and forget why you are there so you go back to bed and there remember why you got up and start it all over again.
6) you know you are old when others wake up and it's time to take your first nap of the day.
7) you know your old when you write notes to remember things but forget to read them.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
1) you know you are old when you have been there and done that but don't remember what that was
2) You will know your old when you can cough ,fart, sneeze, and pee at the same time
3) When you get old you will drive faster because you don't want to forget where you were going
4) You know your old when you look for your car keys for an hour to find they are in your hand.
5) you will know you are old when in the middle of the night you get up to pee get to the 6 bathroom and forget why you are there so you go back to bed and there remember why you got up and start it all over again.
6) you know you are old when others wake up and it's time to take your first nap of the day.
7) you know your old when you write notes to remember things but forget to read them.

One I have told my two sons, who are now grown men. When you are young, if something hurts, you know exactly why. You can pinpoint an incident that caused the pain. When you are in your "autumn years" things will hurt and you are not sure why...other than you speculate that the parts are wearing out.

here's another one....you do not carry a phone. you do own one but prefer to leave it in your vehicle or desk and take calls/read emails/etc. on your schedule, not someone else's. Those of us who grew up with wall phone and no voice machines are comfortable calling someone back in a day or two or three ( major emergencies excluded of course).

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
You no doubt remember the promises, the pledges, the oaths taken in blood that bama would NEVER, NEVER, NEVER play at Auburn?

Well, look at how that ended up.

I am old (a relative term) because I saw my first GT game in 1961.

But the man in the movie was correct - “get busy living or get busy dying”.

I do remember it. My point is “Things change.”

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I'm old as dirt and I love these times. I was in school when Dodd was still coaching and GT owned Atlanta, absolutely! Liked CPJ as a man, but not as HC. I have been ready for a change for several years and in walks CGC and company with their great ideas that and plans to make Tech football great again in Atlanta, and nationally. I know it is a tough sell now with the Falcons and large contingents from other universities in Atlanta, but I definitely feel Tstan and CGC are the right people with the right mind set to make it happen.. Whether you believe in it as much as I do or not, I hope everyone can support this effort in their own ways. If GT nation fully gets behind our program that we are now embarking, I think we will all be surprised how good it can become in a relative short period of time. I hope and plan to still be around.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I'm old as dirt and I love these times. I was in school when Dodd was still coaching and GT owned Atlanta, absolutely! Liked CPJ as a man, but not as HC. I have been ready for a change for several years and in walks CGC and company with their great ideas that and plans to make Tech football great again in Atlanta, and nationally. I know it is a tough sell now with the Falcons and large contingents from other universities in Atlanta, but I definitely feel Tstan and CGC are the right people with the right mind set to make it happen.. Whether you believe in it as much as I do or not, I hope everyone can support this effort in their own ways. If GT nation fully gets behind our program that we are now embarking, I think we will all be surprised how good it can become in a relative short period of time. I hope and plan to still be around.

First time I heard the words "Gt Nation".
I like it.
Lots of potential.
We are more like a bunch of squabbling uncles.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I'm old too (55 yo), but it's not change I have a problem with - it's the rah-rah/hype train/juiced up thing that grows a bit tiresome...

I liked CPJ's approach to the game, the media, life, and so on... Straight-effin shooter... Been around long enough, you come to appreciate people of that sort... Yes, he was a bit of a curmudgeon, but with enough miles on the tires, that's what's usually happens... Thing was, he was almost always right, and he generally backed it up...

I really hope that CGC's enthusiasm and energy translate to bringing in better talent and fielding a more competitive team... Clearly, he's an upgrade from the previous staff in that dimension... What remains to be seem is his ability to coach football and compete with some of the best teams in the country...

I do know that I will miss the CPJ option offense - when it was working, it was a thing of beauty... Best I can hope for is that we run more of a Friedgen-style offence with a variety of formations and sets, including just enough TO tho shake things up...
For some reason I watched a replay of Tech versus Alabama the other day. It was in Bill Curry's second season as the new "pro style" coach. Deep into the game Tech started lining up in the wishbone formation. Bear Bryant was not amused. Tech won.

Animal02

Banned
For some reason I watched a replay of Tech versus Alabama the other day. It was in Bill Curry's second season as the new "pro style" coach. Deep into the game Tech started lining up in the wishbone formation. Bear Bryant was not amused. Tech won.
Did you see me? Right after the last Tech TD....drunkenly swing my GF around. :oops:

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Coke and a strong traditional brand. They hyped a change in their formula that made it more like there competition. Yes, people stock up on the original and there was such bad PR that they were forced to bring back the original as Classic Coke. Despite all the hype, New Coke was a dismal failure and they madem it quietly disappear. And yes, Pepsi got lots of mileage out of the fiasco. Despite all the marketing gurus and hype coming from just across the street, it was a disaster for them. Yes they recovered from it and are just fine. My point is simply that those of us old enough to have lived through that understand and can appreciate those of us that don't just accept the hype without results.

That being said it did not keep me from acquiring about 1000 shares of stock in Coca Cola. They have a worldwide presence that is hard to beat and a 50 plus year record of paying dividends. They came back from a near debacle by executing a plan which is what Coach Collins is attempting to do although he does not have anything like a "debacle" to overcome just the decades long inertia that had become the norm on the Flats. I am hopeful that most of the hype can be lived up to but we have seen this script before at other programs that crashed and burned when the hype ran into harsh realities.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
It’s crazy to me how long some of you have been Tech fans, you guys has been watching for longer then my Dads been alive.
I remember Don Toner intercepting that pass on the north end of Grant Field against then number 1 Alabama in 1962 like it was yesterday. Then again, my recollection of the Bill Lewis years are a little dim. Did I miss anything?

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

Yes, I am very hopeful that TStan and Coach Collins can make Atlanta a Tech town again and tap into some of that homegrown talent that has been leaving over the past few years. "Waffle House"? "ATL"? "404"? "finger points"? "Chopper rides"? There is absolutely nothing that this man will not try to make people think about and talk about Georgia Tech football. Truly remarkable. Make Tech Great Again! MTGA Ah, forget it I don't have his touch.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer

Actually, peeing and farting at the same time are common for most men, regardless of age.

I read that somewhere, but can't remember where, because I am old.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Love this post and it’s honesty. Yeah it’s a different day. Collins is doing everything that I hoped would happen. It’s almost as if he’s been in my head.
Branding On Social Media
Embracing Atlanta
Owning GT’s academics as a selling point.
Bring energy.
Changing the O

I’m pleasantly surprised.