I know many are very confident...

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Teams best equipped to ruin playoff dreams ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/forde-yard-dash-083203253-ncaaf.html

Georgia Tech (1). Sabotage target: Florida State. Location: ACC championship game in Charlotte, N.C. Threat level: very high. The Yellow Jackets are on a roll, winning five straight games – capped by consecutive triumphs over Clemson and rival Georgia. They have an unorthodox option scheme that puts a premium on preparation and assignment discipline. FSU has only played Tech once under Jimbo Fisher, two years ago in this same game, so it doesn’t have a lot of familiarity with Paul Johnson’s version of the option. Then there is the matter of cumulative effect: the Seminoles have played five straight weeks against fairly physical opponents, with every outcome in doubt in the second half. Tech had a bye week Nov. 22. FSU is overdue to lose, but somehow doesn’t; can it get by one more time? With a win, would the saboteur have a playoff argument: unlikely. Virtually impossible to get from No. 16 in the CFP rankings last week to the top four. Tech would need to completely dominate Florida State and hope for anarchy elsewhere.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
The big issue that concerns me is depth. FSU plays with fire all game, then by the late third quarter and into the 4th quarter their ridiculous depth takes over. Teams get worn down, make mistakes. If we can get on them early we'll have a fighting chance, otherwise we'll be in trouble. I don't know that we can survive an onslaught from that offense when it's clicking. Hopefully Jameis will have other things on his mind like crab legs or the results of a disciplinary hearing.
But our offense keeps them off the field while we wear them down defensively. We are a different team than they have faced. Going to be be a great game. Pressure on them not us.

We are proud of this team win or lose. The entire college nation is behind us and want us to win. I want our guys to play for the fun of it .. They love this game so guys have fun Saturday night. We love ya win or lose but you are going to win. That is your style.

Great and proud to be a Jacket!!

SWARM!!!!

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
One thing I worry about is our emotional gas tank.

FSU kind of sleepwalks through the first half. So teams come out in the 2nd half expecting the same F$U they saw in the first half but its like you got the scout team in the first half then the starters come out in the 2nd half and turn it up about 4 notches.

I hope we win the toss and defer. We will need that 2nd half opening drive to orchestrate a 28 minute death march.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Of course they only had ten "close" games not 12 but you are touching on something that I think media narratives prejudices us towards; namely, not being able to recognize or handle "parity" well. Sometimes the margin of difference is just not that great between even a slew of college teams. We are dealing with 18-22 year olds and a ton of roster changes year to year basically across all teams.

For FSU take how they have a very young defense, and overall have been "reloading" and "rebuilding" at a bunch of positions . .. and yet on the road or at home, after teams have bye weeks to get prepared to play them, and with everyone giving them their best shot as defending champs and having an ongoing win streak, they do keep winning ballgames. I have no issue having little respect for their program in a more personal manner as being a dirty factory, or same with their QB and just plain hating them. But I am not convinced that they should be underestimated or disrespected based on some convenient media narrative that fails to take into account just how difficult it is to go undefeated two regular seasons straight in college football.

When the Jackets beat them they will be beating a great football team that has won 28 games in a row, the 15th longest streak in cfb history.
Well said. Jimbo Fisher has done a masterful job holding these guys together and keeping them on a winning track. And I have said before, they are the only undefeated team in the country and until someone beats them they should be considered number one.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
But our offense keeps them off the field while we wear them down defensively. We are a different team than they have faced. Going to be be a great game. Pressure on them not us.

We are proud of this team win or lose. The entire college nation is behind us and want us to win. I want our guys to play for the fun of it .. They love this game so guys have fun Saturday night. We love ya win or lose but you are going to win. That is your style.

Great and proud to be a Jacket!!

SWARM!!!!
Yes and double yes! This game ought to be approached for the sheer enjoyment of the sport. The players should play loose and realize they have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I plan on having that same attitude when I watch this game. Feeling very very good about it.