I know many are very confident...

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
My main worry is that we always seem to tighten up when all eyes are on us and we are set up for success (see: Duke and UNC letdowns after breaking streaks against Miami and VT.) Apart from that, I'm pretty confident about Saturday.

R=E=L=A=X as Aaron Rogers said. I think the fans get tighter than the players since there is so little we can do.

We were tight to start against the in-bred leg humpers. But we weren't against another big game in Clemson.

I think the personal animosity of the UGAg game hurt us and won't be there for FSU. FSU is a really good team and if they win it will be because they deserve it. No SEC (or Fluke) refs here!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Liked many of the comments that said what I would have said so I will just summarize by saying we have a confident team with nothing to lose in this game. I plan on thoroughly enjoying this one!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@GTNavyNuke I think you've confused Aaron Rogers and Frankie.

LOL. I'm waiting for the feds to legalize pot before I can follow Frankie though.

Also, to the question of being very confident in this game, I'm not very confident (>75% sure) we'll win. I do expect we will play well and score points. Hopefully more than they do.

Now to watch the game again with my wife ..... and R=E=L=A=X while I do since the damn refs better not change the ending.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
As a kid growing up in nw fla the fsu fans where new to fame and fortune.

Now retiring moving back from Texas , I find them to be spoiled and arrogant. Your 2-3 stars need not show up against our 4-5 stars.

We will be at game and hope the band plays rambling wreck so much the fsu fans get confused and tom chop themselves in the head.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Not to talk crazy but we have an outside shot at the playoff. They're even sayin this on SCenter. They said of the 2 loss teams that us and Arizona have the best chance, but we are the team that nobody wants to play right now. We're gonna find out what FSU is made of. If we go in and win big we might have a chance if all of the dominoes fall right for us.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
The hill has gotten steeper with DS not being able to play with the ACL issue. Need the WR crew and JT to get in a groove this week!

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
We've had a great season as a whole. But I saw several players take it to another level against UGAg for us. I'm believing those guys found something in themselves they didn't know they had, and are ready to bring it again against FSU. If we do, I think we'll win. I think about FSU like I did about Clemson. They're a really good team, but after 12 games playing that way (squeaking it out against everyone), that is who they are: very good, but beatable.
Of course they only had ten "close" games not 12 but you are touching on something that I think media narratives prejudices us towards; namely, not being able to recognize or handle "parity" well. Sometimes the margin of difference is just not that great between even a slew of college teams. We are dealing with 18-22 year olds and a ton of roster changes year to year basically across all teams.

For FSU take how they have a very young defense, and overall have been "reloading" and "rebuilding" at a bunch of positions . .. and yet on the road or at home, after teams have bye weeks to get prepared to play them, and with everyone giving them their best shot as defending champs and having an ongoing win streak, they do keep winning ballgames. I have no issue having little respect for their program in a more personal manner as being a dirty factory, or same with their QB and just plain hating them. But I am not convinced that they should be underestimated or disrespected based on some convenient media narrative that fails to take into account just how difficult it is to go undefeated two regular seasons straight in college football.

When the Jackets beat them they will be beating a great football team that has won 28 games in a row, the 15th longest streak in cfb history.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I am only worried that losing Smelter kills JT's confidence in passing, and leaves us one dimensional. I fear being one dimensional. If JT can believe in his other receivers, we'll be fine.

I just don't think we can beat FSU without completing some passes, and JT did NOT look at all comfortable passing after DeAndre went out Saturday.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
While FSU has dug deep and found ways to win ball games this season, they are still the Champions until somebody knocks them off the throne. That being said, they have not faced a team that can actually run the football the way we do. If Clemson would have gotten under center when they were inside the five yard line on at least four occasions when they lost to the Seminoles without Winston, then maybe they could have punched in a score instead of wasting those opportunities.

That will not be the script when our offense is on the field. The last two games have been decided by our offenseive line going toe to toe with some tough defenders and we are battle tested coming into this Championship Game. UGA didn't see the football much in the second half and hopefully Winston won't either. We have a real good opportunity in this title game.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am only worried that losing Smelter kills JT's confidence in passing, and leaves us one dimensional. I fear being one dimensional. If JT can believe in his other receivers, we'll be fine.

I just don't think we can beat FSU without completing some passes, and JT did NOT look at all comfortable passing after DeAndre went out Saturday.

I rewatched the entire game last night with my wife. I think that JT will be ok. I agree he wasn't as quick on the passes, but he was 3 of 9 with a TD to Waller.

In the 2nd qtr after Smelter went down, he was 3 of 7. Two to Hill and one to Waller. Also 2 Waller incomplete, 1 incomplete to Perkins and one probably OOB.

In the third quarter, 2 incomplete passes, one to Bostic and one probably OOB.

No passes in the fourth quarter because the ground and pound was in full force and UGAg didn't have an answer. And none in overtime.

I'm not worried about JT's confidence. Someone else will make plays. Not as reliably as Smelter probably, but we have plenty of people who can catch.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
I just worry about the edge blocking. We need someone in there to block the perimeter AND keep them honest on pass defense. Smelter is a huge piece of what we do, but next man up as they say.

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree. FSU will be hard to beat. I would like our chances a lot more if Smelter was playing. I have been wrong all year about our chances of winning. I want to keep my streak alive.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I don't think fsu is good. I think every team they have played has crapped the bed and given them extra possessions and no one was ever brave enough to mash the gas pedal and step on the throats of the criminoles. I genuinely think that we are the better team. I think we will hit them in the mouth and we will roll Saturday. They are immensely talented but if we get in winstons face he will continue to make poor decisions and throw off of his back foot. Fsu can suck it. Together we swarm!

Declinometer

Banned
CPJ's Ga Tech does not play conventional football. Neither in its offense or game management. Winston is going to be so damn frustrated from being on the sideline for an extended time that he won't be able to see straight. The defense is going to be gased like they haven't been all year trying to stop the offense. Paul will be in Jimbo's head and FSU will fall apart.