I Know Im Beating a Dead Horse About TFG…

Papa Foxtrot

Jolly Good Fellow
I would love to know what happened at Nebraska. Right after Ruhle took the NE job, I heard him on SXM(IIRC, it was on Mad Dog Radio). During the interview, he mentions G***f and praises him as a defensive savant and the gist that I took from it was that G***f was getting the DC gig there. Time passes and it becomes obvious that he not only isn't getting the DC job, he's not on staff at NE in any capacity. I'm guessing either TFG screwed the deal by setting his price too high, he got offered a lower position and balked or Ruhle got word from either the AD or his staff that they didn't want him anywhere near the program.

I guess it shall remain a mystery....

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
TFG throwing shade at us says more about him than it ever could about us. I suspect future potential employers will take note of the conduct - and they should.

I wish TFG success in his new career in municipal sanitation, retail fast food service, or late night infomercial pitchman. Anyone who hires him as a football coach deserves what they get.
I could see him hawking Shamwows at 2am.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
The only thing this thread is accomplishing for me is reminding me how bad Stansbury was at decision making and contract negotiations. I can forgive the initial hire and I can understand Geoff being bitter about how it all turned out, but I'll never forgive not parting ways before this past season.

JacketFan137

Banned
Georgia Tech in 2018 was not a highly desirable job (still isn't). You've either got to pay dumb money (which we don't have) or go find the dregs of coaching when you lack that sort of leverage.
for the foreseeable future we’re probably a stepping stone for a coordinator from a p5 school or an up and comer.

when the options were whisenhunt and collins that kinda tells the whole story

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Mods should allow cursing just for this thread alone. I wanna say how I truly feel about that FOTHERMUCKER.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I would love to know what happened at Nebraska. Right after Ruhle took the NE job, I heard him on SXM(IIRC, it was on Mad Dog Radio). During the interview, he mentions G***f and praises him as a defensive savant and the gist that I took from it was that G***f was getting the DC gig there. Time passes and it becomes obvious that he not only isn't getting the DC job, he's not on staff at NE in any capacity. I'm guessing either TFG screwed the deal by setting his price too high, he got offered a lower position and balked or Ruhle got word from either the AD or his staff that they didn't want him anywhere near the program.

I guess it shall remain a mystery....
Defensive savant ...
Meanwhile, Ole Miss just scored again on us.
The former coach was a bad coach and is a bad person to boot. How he (mis) handled D Mo is every indication of what garbage he really is. Thank God and Greyhound he's gone and never coming back. The more stuff that gets revealed, the more we see just what a lousy POS he really was.

DavidStandingBear

Jolly Good Fellow
I have officially gone from just being happy that he’s gone to now despising the man. There is a person on Twitter, Reddit YouTube, etc. by the name of Big Game Boomer who comments on things about football and college athletics. On January 23, he ranked the best and the worst student sections in college football, and had GT ranked as #1 in the worst category. TFG retweeted it. Mods, you can delete this thread if you feel you must, but I just had to vent.
I haven't posted much in the last 12 months, but this really ticked me off. I'm a 3X grad, attended games as a student, and was a big fan until the end of the CPJ era. BTW and with apologies, what does TFG stand for? It was TFG that caused me to cease being a fan. He was an embarrassment to the institute, the alumni and fans! Shameful retweet.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I was an undergrad when enrollment was about 7000. We had to stand in line to buy date tickets for each game. Less than 100 coeds back then. I think date tickets went on sale on Monday or Tuesday of game week. They had a limited number so had to get there early. Student section was full back then. Anyone else remember the stadium "rumble" from upper east senior and grad student sections.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I was an undergrad when enrollment was about 7000. We had to stand in line to buy date tickets for each game. Less than 100 coeds back then. I think date tickets went on sale on Monday or Tuesday of game week. They had a limited number so had to get there early. Student section was full back then. Anyone else remember the stadium "rumble" from upper east senior and grad student sections.
Foot stomping action in simpler times.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
TV is killing us two ways. First with declining attendance with so many games on tv and now other conferences getting lots more tv revenue.