I Know Im Beating a Dead Horse About TFG…

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
This isn’t the first time I’ve heard of Collins retweeting moderately ~shameful~ GT content. @mods can we name this thread “Post Collins Clarity” or something and have his shenanigans here? I think it’s appropriate for tech fans to know what he’s really about. A little closure really.

We don’t need to hate on him, we have plenty (myself included). But I don’t see any harm in a gentle following of the man that altered the direction of our beloved program.
Yeah, really. It's one thing that he sucked. It's quite another that he turns around and bites the hand that gave him 2 million dollars for each of his ten wins. He's a low-class jerk.

1BearJACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
I have officially gone from just being happy that he’s gone to now despising the man. There is a person on Twitter, Reddit YouTube, etc. by the name of Big Game Boomer who comments on things about football and college athletics. On January 23, he ranked the best and the worst student sections in college football, and had GT ranked as #1 in the worst category. TFG retweeted it. Mods, you can delete this thread if you feel you must, but I just had to vent.
This particular “dead horse” deserves to be beaten. Carry on.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
This particular “dead horse” deserves to be beaten. Carry on.
Probably need to do that AND start a big donor & fanboy hall of shame. He was enabled by several prominent donors & a large portion of the fanbase that thought all show & no go was a winning strategy.

slugboy

Staff member
It’s obvious that he thinks the school is to blame for the football implosion he oversaw.

However, he head coached at two stops, and neither want him back. Temple could have picked him up easily. In fact, as far as I can tell, he wasn’t offered any FBS head coaching positions, and possibly only one coordinator position. That’s a blue whale-sized clue that industry veterans view him as the problem.

He should be looking back and reflecting over the past 6 years, and he’s not. He’s not going to live rent free in my head.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
It is notable. Because a who uses social media? Recruits. He wants to bash our image. What a scum.
Ignore it and it will be in the far back of everyone's rear view mirror in a month or less. Probably less. Keep "noting" it and it will refuse to go away. Towaliga was right about it being a dead horse.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
It’s amazing how many of you are letting him live rent free in your heads. If you really think so little of him then you wouldn’t care about his opinion but you obviously do. He shows his entire a$$ every time he says anything about it and everyone knows it. He’s a small man and really not worthy of your notice.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
It’s amazing how many of you are letting him live rent free in your heads. If you really think so little of him then you wouldn’t care about his opinion but you obviously do. He shows his entire a$$ every time he says anything about it and everyone knows it. He’s a small man and really not worthy of your notice.
Actually, I evicted him from my head quite a while back, but he broke back in and started squatting in it with his classless tweet. I’m been diligently working on re-eviction.

JacketFan137

Banned
some of y’all are obsessed and i would hate to see how y’all handle negative things/people in your life. i can’t begin to explain how easy it is to never see anything about collins on any social media. i also think stuff like this can often be a mistake or not paying attention but you guys have gone and spun this story into working yourselves up lol

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
some of y’all are obsessed and i would hate to see how y’all handle negative things/people in your life. i can’t begin to explain how easy it is to never see anything about collins on any social media. i also think stuff like this can often be a mistake or not paying attention but you guys have gone and spun this story into working yourselves up lol

I don’t think seeing a negative tweet now and then is obsessed. Look, it’s been a pattern with his account. I kinda chuckle when I notice one because it’s pretty petty and juvenile.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think seeing a negative tweet now and then is obsessed. Look, it’s been a pattern with his account. I kinda chuckle when I notice one because it’s pretty petty and juvenile.
he retweets uga posts. IIRC he never coached there so it's likely to be petty.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
So, since I provided a comment on a tweet (that, by the way, was sent to me by a dwag fan to make fun of GT fans), you feel you know me well enough to comment on how I can handle adversity? It sounds like you have gone and spun my comment into working yourself up lol. I would hate to see how you handle people/things in your life that don’t follow exactly what you think everyone should be thinking or doing. :)

JacketFan137

Banned
So, since I provided a comment on a tweet (that, by the way, was sent to me by a dwag fan to make fun of GT fans), you feel you know me well enough to comment on how I can handle adversity? It sounds like you have gone and spun my comment into working yourself up lol. I would hate to see how you handle people/things in your life that don’t follow exactly what you think everyone should be thinking or doing. :)
lmfao. i mean you’re still complaining about something that we already know sucked. when you’re ready to move on and join us in present day feel free. otherwise keep crying over something that’s been over for a while.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
lmfao. i mean you’re still complaining about something that we already know sucked. when you’re ready to move on and join us in present day feel free. otherwise keep crying over something that’s been over for a while.
See, you did work yourself up. With regards to “lmfao” I feel honored that you find my musings funny. My wife doesn’t ( I think she’s related to Stech’s wife).

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
TFG throwing shade at us says more about him than it ever could about us. I suspect future potential employers will take note of the conduct - and they should.

I wish TFG success in his new career in municipal sanitation, retail fast food service, or late night infomercial pitchman. Anyone who hires him as a football coach deserves what they get.