I know CGC "talking points" can irritate after a loss, but

If Uga had stuck to simply lining up and running downhill at us (like they should have) for the entire game instead of just the second half it would be hard to quantify the final score. Sometimes less really is more. I was left thinking that they were trying to get their offense 'fixed" before the LSU game instead of just trying to pound the ball, which obviously would not work well against a team of LSu's caliber (or God forbid, anyone that they might have seen afterwards had they somehow pulled off what would have been a monumental upset).

I did not seetheir game yesterday but was it a case (which we have seen many times over the years) where their D was out on the field for too long? You don't go an entire season giving up 10 ppg or so without being able to play high level defense.
Not really. Their D sucked even in the first quarter of the game.

cyclejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
If Uga had stuck to simply lining up and running downhill at us (like they should have) for the entire game instead of just the second half it would be hard to quantify the final score. Sometimes less really is more. I was left thinking that they were trying to get their offense 'fixed" before the LSU game instead of just trying to pound the ball, which obviously would not work well against a team of LSu's caliber (or God forbid, anyone that they might have seen afterwards had they somehow pulled off what would have been a monumental upset).

I did not seetheir game yesterday but was it a case (which we have seen many times over the years) where their D was out on the field for too long? You don't go an entire season giving up 10 ppg or so without being able to play high level defense.

This is exactly what I was thinking during our game with them. They never felt like we could compete with them so instead of doing the most obvious thing to win the game convincingly (run the ball), they used it to practice their preferred offense or try to get Fromm righted from his continuing problems. Even though they were able to blow us out anyway, none of those plans came to fruition for them.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck

Playing the Heisman trophy winner (probably) and an offense that's operating at a high level probably had a lot to do with that.

Look at their schedule - other than LSU, whose offense looks even remotely dangerous? That's not to say UGA doesn't have athletes ... but they would've been smoked by LSU, Ohio State, Clemson, or Oklahoma.

Also: UGA is so dumb they list their Red and Black spring game as a W.

Deleted member 2897

Well Kirby's bigger problem is that its a false premise. Its one thing to seem like you are running the bus over the top of a group of players. But when the premise is false and you're just making up excuses at the expense of people who don't deserve it, that's just obscene.

Here are the last 3 years of recruiting classes at the WR position - ie not the guys he was talking about who are now in the NFL.
2020:
Marcus Rosemy: 4-star, #44 nationally overall
Justin Robinson: 4-star, #173 nationally overall

2019:
George Pickens: 5-star, #7 nationally overall
Dominick Blaylock:4-star, #55 nationally overall
Makiya Tongue: 4-star

2018:
Kearis Jackson: 4-star, #172 nationally overall
Tommy Bush: 4-star

2017:
Mark Webb: 4-star, #101 nationally overall

2016: Tyler Simmons: 5.7 3-star

The notion that this group of players is lacking skill is obscene. The average star rating of this group of players is actually higher than Georgia's average for the team over this period of time.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I thought this was kind of an odd couple tweets from Jamal Golden in response to Kirby Smart throwing his receivers under the bus. Is he talking about Al Groh or Ted Roof here?

I saw those, and wondered the same thing myself.