I know CGC "talking points" can irritate after a loss, but

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
The comments made by their fans are priceless. One of them said "This was supposed to be THE year". Wake up, bud. Every year I can remember has supposed to have been THE year. Maybe the problems run a helluva lot deeper than that poster realizes or the coach is willing to admit.

I hope we get to the point where we are this upset by an 11-2 season, with an appearance in the conference championship, and a shot at 12 wins.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

Deleted member 2897

So is he telling me players ratings and stars don't mean that much.

Exactly, because he has several top WRs in the country. And the fans aren’t buying this comment as you can see in the replies. They know it’s BS.

why can’t they just enjoy an 11-2 season? Because they spend $100m/year specifically to win football games. Kirby wins no more games than Richt did his first 3 years, despite massive spending on the program. Sad all the way around.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
When the TV announcers were raving about how quickly following a play Georgia rushed a new defensive alignment onto the field I was wondering if that really meant their defensive linemen were limited in their skill set.

Deleted member 2897

I think the final 4 should be:
1) LSU
2) Clemson
3) Ohio State
4) Oklahoma

4 is by far the shakiest pick. Had Alabama or Georgia not lost twice, the SEC would have 2 teams in.

LSU has the toughest schedule, and still blew people out. Clemson is truly elite across the board, but had a weaker schedule. Ohio State barely survived some games. That’s my opinion on the 1, 2, 3.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

Ga. did just fine against us. Poorly against LSU. LSU recruits at the very same level as they do. We don't. So I don't interpret his comments the same way that you do. He's saying, imo, young inexperienced or injured 4 and 5 star recruits don't fare well against veteran and healthy 4 and 5 star recruits but are serviceable against many or most teams.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think the final 4 should be:
1) LSU
2) Clemson
3) Ohio State
4) Oklahoma

4 is by far the shakiest pick. Had Alabama or Georgia not lost twice, the SEC would have 2 teams in.

LSU has the toughest schedule, and still blew people out. Clemson is truly elite across the board, but had a weaker schedule. Ohio State barely survived some games. That’s my opinion on the 1, 2, 3.

Not that I disagree but I thought I saw a graphic on TV, maybe during the Clemson game, where they would by 1.5 point favorites against OSU and 4.5 against LSU. I was a bit surprised but there is definitely a dropoff after those 3.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is what happens when a coach hangs a loss on a player or position group.

https://www.secrant.com/rant/uga-sports/kirby-putting-blame-solely-on-lack-of-wr-depth/87259801/

Thanks, the comments are enjoyable reading on a Sunday morning while recovering from Saturday night. After us winning, looking at uGag losing is next most enjoyable.

I only watched the first half since parties happened, but Fromm was not accurate and when he was his guys couldn't catch. (But LSU dropped a TD or two also. It happens.) Kirby takes responsibility and should have stopped there. But he was saying it was a team loss.

Hope he has one more to explain this season.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Thanks, the comments are enjoyable reading on a Sunday morning while recovering from Saturday night. After us winning, looking at uGag losing is next most enjoyable.

I only watched the first half since parties happened, but Fromm was not accurate and when he was his guys couldn't catch. (But LSU dropped a TD or two also. It happens.) Kirby takes responsibility and should have stopped there. But he was saying it was a team loss.

Hope he has one more to explain this season.
Clemson stone-handed a couple as well. Jerry Rice did that a few times too.

Ga. did just fine against us. Poorly against LSU. LSU recruits at the very same level as they do. We don't. So I don't interpret his comments the same way that you do. He's saying, imo, young inexperienced or injured 4 and 5 star recruits don't fare well against veteran and healthy 4 and 5 star recruits but are serviceable against many or most teams.
I would like to say Tech did the work for them, but the fact is that they exposed themselves in the first half against us for the shabby offense they really do have. Then LSU exposed their defense too.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I would like to say Tech did the work for them, but the fact is that they exposed themselves in the first half against us for the shabby offense they really do have. Then LSU exposed their defense too.
I thought it telling of ESPN that a couple of weeks ago LSU gave up more than 600 yards of offense, then yesterday beat Georgia after which ESPN exulted about how much their defense is now improved so look out playoffs.

They beat Georgia to which "offense" is foreign. And has been all year.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

If Uga had stuck to simply lining up and running downhill at us (like they should have) for the entire game instead of just the second half it would be hard to quantify the final score. Sometimes less really is more. I was left thinking that they were trying to get their offense 'fixed" before the LSU game instead of just trying to pound the ball, which obviously would not work well against a team of LSu's caliber (or God forbid, anyone that they might have seen afterwards had they somehow pulled off what would have been a monumental upset).

I did not seetheir game yesterday but was it a case (which we have seen many times over the years) where their D was out on the field for too long? You don't go an entire season giving up 10 ppg or so without being able to play high level defense.