I have heard it all now

Yella-Britches

Georgia Tech Fan
The conclusion kinda hit me...talent-schmalent left behind by Richt. Bottom line is Kirby ain't good enough without top 1 or 2 talent!

"...But Smart’s graft of Alabama onto Georgia won’t fully take unless/until he has more Bama-type players."

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
It's a funny thing that Bama doesn't seem to be missing Smart one bit........their defense is still awesome. Hmmm.

And another thing i find amusing is how SO many of the ug fans blamed last season's offensive woes on the departed OFF coordinator, but so-far the new offense looks exactly the same.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
They're talking about the players left at Georgia, not all the players to go through Richt's program.

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/opinion/could-ugas-issue-be-a-lack-of-talent

Also, this quote is amusing.

"About those rankings: We think of Georgia under Richt as having always had a Top 10 class. Well, his first seven full classes were – ranking third, sixth, ninth, 10th, fourth, ninth, seventh and six, according to Rivals – but his final six weren’t quite so strong. Only three of those cracked the Top 10, with only the ballyhooed Dream Team of 2011 above sixth."

He was saying they are currently starting the #1 QB & RB from their classes (plus isn't there a TE that came because of Eason who was also #1 at TE?). Any argument that UGA struggled with freaking Nicholls State due to talent is just pure fantasy. They don't want to really admit that the guy they hired should have been named Kirby Dumbass.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
No one does less with more than uGA

That's been their lot in life for decades. They should spray paint that on their stadium or on the ButSmear Building. Who names something the butt smear building other than the Athenians?

He was saying they are currently starting the #1 QB & RB from their classes (plus isn't there a TE that came because of Eason who was also #1 at TE?). Any argument that UGA struggled with freaking Nicholls State due to talent is just pure fantasy. They don't want to really admit that the guy they hired should have been named Kirby Dumbass.

Well, to be fair, his middle name is 's Not.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
It will be interesting to see if Smart starts recruiting over the 85 limit and then starts to run off players that don't measure up. He learned that from the master at Alabama. That was not done by the previous coaching staff. Now they may have a "win at all cost" coach in place. The fans won't care about the discarded players as long as they win big. The NCAA can change that and that is a more important function of that organization than worrying about who uses what bathrooms in NC.

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
It will be interesting to see if Smart starts recruiting over the 85 limit and then starts to run off players that don't measure up. He learned that from the master at Alabama. That was not done by the previous coaching staff. Now they may have a "win at all cost" coach in place. The fans won't care about the discarded players as long as they win big. The NCAA can change that and that is a more important function of that organization than worrying about who uses what bathrooms in NC.

I don't know if the administration will allow overrecruiting. That's one thing they haven't done even in the current "reality."

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I don't know if the administration will allow overrecruiting. That's one thing they haven't done even in the current "reality."

The administration quickly flipped from Richt's "we let our kids transfer anywhere they want, no restrictions" to Kirby's "we can't let them go anywhere they'd be a threat", so if they lose a few games I imagine their moral standards would loosen a bit.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I made the mistake of listening to 680 this afternoon(Not because of anything they actually said today though). Chuck said there is a 99% chance that the players overlooked Nichols. But then he said there is a 1% chance that cKS is Ray Goff 2.0.