I have a gut feeling.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
I felt that way last year.
That feeling was just bad gas last year.

But this year could actually be better. CGC got a serious kick in the butt reality check. Got a serious upgrade at OC. Time will tell if the D will be better but hell it would be hard pressed to be worse. We have the talent to at least be top 60 on defense (Which would still be bad).

I still think we win 6

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't know why I feel like this, especially after 9-25 over the last 3 years. But I have a gut feeling that this season we'll be alright. That's all I can say. Call me crazy, heck I might be wrong and we could suck again this year, but I feel like something will click this year. There's several factors that could lead to some success this season. First, our team knows they're playing for the coach's job. Collins might not be the best coach (so far he is far from it) but most players (even the ones who transfer out) seem to like the guy. I was at a scrimmage a few weeks ago. It is evident that the whole team has a bigger sense of urgency. They know it is do or die this year and look a lot more organized and professional. Second, despite all the people who transferred out, our roster still probably improved this year. A lot of transfers, especially at the RB, OL, WR, and DB positions will help us a lot. We also have some decent freshmen coming in. The QB room is loaded with options. Sims will start. Sims can be a good QB if he fixes one word. Inconsistent. At the scrimmage he looked a lot better and a lot more accurate. But, if he still does not pan out, we have three other options in Gibson, Taishun, and Pyron to put in. Another thing that could point to a good season is who we're playing for. Demaryius. It's ironic that we open the year with Clemson because that's who Bay Bay always seemed to play his best games against. We got a lot of hungry young guys, we got something to prove, these things point to possible success.

AGAIN, I could be drinking Kool Aid. I might be completely wrong and we suck again this year. But it's better to have some hope to keep your heart going than have no hope at all.
Go Jackets.
Im not trying to be a **** but this was my initial response to your post. Needless to say I'm not very optimistic on things. Hope I'm wrong and your right.

Attachments

• laughing-gif-17.gif
    laughing-gif-17.gif
    638.4 KB · Views: 27

Tech Lawyer

Jolly Good Fellow
We are catching Clemson at the right time. I expect a low scoring game. Hearing their new OC Streeter interviewed, it sounds like he has changed much of the offense. Seems kind of strange given this was an inside promotion? Maybe Clemson's offense will play like they did against us last year? With Jeff this year, winning this game is possible.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I can’t imagine Clemson or GT being worse than they were in our game last year. Both were inept.
Which is wild that so many people are willing to write this one off as a sure loss. I mean, I get it.

But the pussification of this fan base has spread rapidly. Everyone just knew we would get clobbered last year against them, but we were one block away from upsetting little ole Clemsun.

Fudgeeeeee Clemson. I can’t wait to play them.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I think we'll be a lot better this year, but it's based on more than a gut feeling.
It's the fact that we have much better assistant coaches this season at several positions and also on indications our HC seems to have a new attitude and approach.
New coaches, new attitude.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
We are catching Clemson at the right time. I expect a low scoring game. Hearing their new OC Streeter interviewed, it sounds like he has changed much of the offense. Seems kind of strange given this was an inside promotion? Maybe Clemson's offense will play like they did against us last year? With Jeff this year, winning this game is possible.
we're about a 3 TD dog.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
A buncha y'all will be eating copious amounts of crow this season. And the #get-bak! coach is here for all of it.

I'm gonna re-imagine that Weird Al hit from the 80's. You know the one ....

weird al yankovic life GIF

#EatIt

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I can’t imagine Clemson or GT being worse than they were in our game last year. Both were inept.
Right on!
The only thing worse was all the red in the east stands where all the GTECH alumni have season tickets. i realize Tech alumni are impacted by economics, but to sell your tickets to the Home Georgia game - that's pitiful and tells recruits don't come here. They gave up on the players.

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck
I definitely think the team will be better. They’ll be much better coached. Not sure if that will translate into 6 wins, but I got a feeling that they’ll exceed it. Just a feeling.

Anyway Sims is a beast he goes the team goes. We’ll find out soon.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Clemson still has questions on the OL, questions at QB, and a new OC with no particular credentials. Our (new) offense is as good as theirs.
Defense is another matter. They have better talent and experience. A new DC, but he seems to be well respected.
I won't predict a win, but their defense isn't likely to be a 21 point advantage. They aren't the 4th best team in the country. Tech +21 seems to be a lock. As with most games, turnovers will be huge.