I have a gut feeling.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
In my view, it's possible we could see improvement at every position on the team because of the assistant coaching turnover and realignment.
We will see the most improvement this year with game preparation and game management. Having Thacker calling the D during games is confounding since there are more experienced coaches on this staff. He should be at a FBS school learning his craft IMO.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
We will see the most improvement this year with game preparation and game management. Having Thacker calling the D during games is confounding since there are more experienced coaches on this staff. He should be at a FBS school learning his craft IMO.
I'd be comforted to see Collins and Thacker hanging out together on the sideline this year when we're on defense.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Fate will rest on performance in the trenches on both sides.

But still young without proven depth on both lines. No proven (or at least recently proven). playmakers on DL. Guys gotta emerge and emerge fast on both sides. Feel a little better on DL/front 7 than on OL...some promising young guys there who have amassed some snaps.

Of course, the secondary will have to quit routinely giving up the long ball. Why NIU, BC beat us last year.

Last year based on lines I picked 3 wins, then based on transfers revised to 4 wins. Did not anticipate cluster fork in secondary. This year with what appears to be a top 5 SOS I pick 3 wins.

It is possible enough guys emerge that we do better, particularly with a big dose of luck and schedule that isn't as bad as anticipated.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
In my view, it's possible we could see improvement at every position on the team because of the assistant coaching turnover and realignment.
I'm glad you are positive but one could also make the case that in EVERY position (except QB) ,we lost the best player/s from last yr.Its hard to make up those type of losses..

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I'm glad you are positive but one could also make the case that in EVERY position (except QB) ,we lost the best player/s from last yr.Its hard to make up those type of losses..
It was fun to watch the ACC Road-trip to GA Tech. When confronted with the loss of production on both sides of the ball, especially on defense, the answer was that the portal gave us much better replacements. One jolly and optimistic host said, “Collins is wishing he had had the portal from the start at Tech.”

So much feeling this time of year.