I don’t see a game thread... how about this one?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
WHY THE EFF IS COLLINS NOT CALLING TIMEOUT

Because it wouldn't have led to anything.

We can't reliably block to take even 15 yard shots down the field and in case something goes wrong, like an offsides, it was more likely that time was going to help clemson than us.

ChicagobasedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Because it wouldn't have led to anything.

We can't reliably block to take even 15 yard shots down the field and in case something goes wrong, like an offsides, it was more likely that time was going to help clemson than us.
Why even play the game then? That’s just giving up.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
(Sigh) I suppose it's too much for any one to look at our game against UNC last year where Sims ran for - let me check - 122 yards. What would it cost to put in a few double options? Too much for this coaching staff, I suppose. Well, maybe next half they'll try to surprise them …

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Guys. I’m at my fandoms ropes end here. If we don’t win tonight I think I’m throwing the towel in here. Maybe I’m emotional. Maybe I’m a terrible fan. Idk but I’ve been through enough. Lets grow a pair and get after it

Techster

Helluva Engineer
First TD against us is on the punter. You can see in replay he spinned the ball multiple times to get a good position on the football. Dude, sometimes you just got to kick the d@mn ball and let it go where it goes...MUCH better outcome than what happened. Proud of our defense for at least making Clemson work inside the 5 yard line to get that TD.

Defensive front is looking better than I expected. They are fighting and winning some battles. Starting to see some of that "mayhem" Collins came to GT with a reputation for.

Our defense overall is battling. They're doing their part. Defensive backfield so far is looking MUCH better than what it looked like last season, but give credit to our front seven. They're making DJU sweat a bit.

Our offense so far has been their own worst enemy. Too many unforced errors and penalties.

Sims looks good so far, but he needs to learn to eat the ball sometimes. Don't blame him for trying to make a play though, but two passes could have been really costly. He's making some REALLY nice passes though, so hopefully that part will continue in the second half. LOVE how he's standing in the pocket and dealing.

Overall, if our offense can clean it up, we are actually moving the ball...until we start shooting ourselves in the foot. Clean that up and we can actually make this game interesting.

Second half will tell us a LOT. Our DLine is playing their hearts out, so hopefully their conditioning this summer will pay off...and they're not operating on adrenaline.

We can win this...let's go get it. GO JACKETS!!!

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
I was baffled by the choice not to take a timeout and have 43 seconds to go down the field but:

1) If Clemson fakes it they then have time to go down the field and score again before half

2) We start the second half only down 11 points to the #4 team in the country. Think about that.

I can see the logic even if it's not what I would have done.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Screenshot_20220905-215311_Georgia Tech.jpg

Money down looking good.