I don’t see a game thread... how about this one?

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
Ok, without the stupid blocked kick, we’re really in this. Having said that:
Good: defense improved significantly, overall play calling better, special teams (minus block) decent.
Bad: our OL seriously outmanned, motion penalties absurd. Dontae terrific but missing Gibbs.
IMHO we should be competitive vs the rank and file ACC. Still feels like 4-5 wins to me but I can see improvement.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I’m done. With football. Forever.

I’m done. Collins, in 1.1 quarters of football made the same mistakes he’s made over the last 3 seasons. Blew all timeouts. Dabo laughed in that man’s face. On national television. Announcers talked about it.

I’m just done. No words. Sorry guys. I am in fact headed to the psych ward. Goodnight

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

I’m done. Collins, in 1.1 quarters of football made the same mistakes he’s made over the last 3 seasons. Blew all timeouts. Dabo laughed in that man’s face. On national television. Announcers talked about it.

I’m just done. No words. Sorry guys. I am in fact headed to the psych ward. Goodnight

Bright side for the rest of us is maybe you're also done posting

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
Good: defense improved significantly, overall play calling better, special teams (minus block) decent.
Bad: our OL seriously outmanned, motion penalties absurd. Dontae terrific but missing Gibbs.
IMHO we should be competitive vs the rank and file ACC. Still feels like 4-5 wins to me but I can see improvement.
I’m retracting my positive comment about special teams after 2nd bloody blocked punt. Some kind of serious coaching oversight there.

Otoh we’ll have to see if our OL is still so outmatched vs the rank and file vpi, uva, etc. Maybe not so bad when not facing NFL talent DLs.

Good night everyone.

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck

See you tomorrow

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I’m kind of thinking the same and was about to post something like this.
The thread about “good performance” had a lot of stuff in it but with regard to several points mentioned;
Defense was certainly a pleasant surprise. They played well on an equal footing. Short field scores make this look worse than it was. Grade B
Special teams- made a FG... that’s improvement. 2 punts blocked; that’s abysmal. Grade D
Time out/ clock management.... when we had them, we didn’t use them. With 14:00 left in the game, we didn’t have them. Didnt matrer ultimately, but time out / clock management grade is in the D-/F range. Pathetic. Dabo chuckling about stealing our last TO with a shift and announcers making fun of it... face it.
OL - mixed bag. I thought we blocked OK most of the game in normal situations. A couple of Sims’ turnovers were OL related and we had too many unforced penalties in first half. May not have changed the result, but a couple more pints in first half could’ve made the second half much more interesting. I’m staying cautiously optimistic here, but it seems we continue a trend of poor special teams blocking. Grade B-
Overall, it’s a D. Score will include worthless garbage points, but usually we are talking about those garbage points for the losing team. Screw spreads and lines.... 4 TD losses to conference teams is unacceptable.
I hope we show something more... there was certainly some improvement tonight, but not much and the bar was not high.

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
The thread about “good performance” had a lot of stuff in it but with regard to several points mentioned;
Defense was certainly a pleasant surprise. They played well on an equal footing. Short field scores make this look worse than it was. Grade B
Special teams- made a FG... that’s improvement. 2 punts blocked; that’s abysmal. Grade D
Time out/ clock management.... when we had them, we didn’t use them. With 14:00 left in the game, we didn’t have them. Didnt matrer ultimately, but time out / clock management grade is in the D-/F range. Pathetic. Dabo chuckling about stealing our last TO with a shift and announcers making fun of it... face it.
OL - mixed bag. I thought we blocked OK most of the game in normal situations. A couple of Sims’ turnovers were OL related and we had too many unforced penalties in first half. May not have changed the result, but a couple more pints in first half could’ve made the second half much more interesting. I’m staying cautiously optimistic here, but it seems we continue a trend of poor special teams blocking. Grade B-
Overall, it’s a D. Score will include worthless garbage points, but usually we are talking about those garbage points for the losing team. Screw spreads and lines.... 4 TD losses to conference teams is unacceptable.
I hope we show something more... there was certainly some improvement tonight, but not much and the bar was not high.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
LOL at the truth revealed in that spellcheck error...:ROFLMAO: