I’m more worried about ..

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
I know this is football forum , but all of us are worried about future of football & who we’re gonna pick to lead us into future , but I got to tell ya I’m really worried about this b-ball program . Watching this team is painful , GT basketball should be sooooo much better than this & we’re not recruiting anyone

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I know this is football forum , but all of us are worried about future of football & who we’re gonna pick to lead us into future , but I got to tell ya I’m really worried about this b-ball program . Watching this team is painful , GT basketball should be sooooo much better than this & we’re not recruiting anyone
Some of y'all are incredible. Pastner has said multiple times that he wants us to get old and stay old. His first class is just sophomores. You can also tell that Devoe and Moore are going to be pretty good players when they get some experience. The teams that we have lost to have all been upper class heavy and it shows. I'm disappointed in recruiting too, but we can just save those spots for players in next year's class if we don't close out strong with this class. We'll be fine, give it time.

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
Some of y'all are incredible. Pastner has said multiple times that he wants us to get old and stay old. His first class is just sophomores. You can also tell that Devoe and Moore are going to be pretty good players when they get some experience. The teams that we have lost to have all been upper class heavy and it shows. I'm disappointed in recruiting too, but we can just save those spots for players in next year's class if we don't close out strong with this class. We'll be fine, give it time.

I wish I had your optimism, it’s year 3. I’m getting impatient

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I still have faith but I really want to see Pastner reflect on this loss and see what he did wrong. CBG never did that. We would have won this game comfortably by double digits had he just kept the strategy the same as it was for the last part of the first half. This won't be the last time we have a comfortable lead this season, so it'll be interesting to see what a comfortable lead looks like next time.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I wish I had your optimism, it’s year 3. I’m getting impatient

And it's just that. You're impatient. Our best 5 is probably 4 underclassmen and a transfer in hist first year here and unless you wanted us to either go transfer heavy, which would be a huge mistake, or expected us to land guys who were ACC ready from day 1, then this was how it would be. Sucks. But that's the situation we were put in 3 years ago.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
My issues aren’t directed at JP it’s the entire basketball program over the last 15 years. Since the 2004 run we’ve been to the tournament 3 times. 05 we fell apart from injuries, 06-07 you could tell PH couldn’t coach and 09-10 we pissed away a great team. Since then we have managed to become irrelevant. And we are! I’m almost to the point that if I happen to catch the game great, if not oh well. Sucks because I’m a sidewalk fan originally from ATL that became a fan as a kid around 85-86 (I’m 41) but I’m losing patience with it. Like I said, I’m not pinning this all on JP but last seasons issues turned my off some and the lack of development going back to even the last staff blows my mind. I played college ball and the way we seem to make the game looks so hard is unreal to me.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
The season is young but this team is starting to mirror the football team this year with a Jekyll and Hyde personality. Super frustrating to sit through.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The 'get old, stay old' is the same con NBA GM's run on NBA owners by telling them to tank.

At the end of the day, the only guarantee is they stay employed for at least 5 years. If they're lucky, they'll get an extension along the way.

I know, I know .. I promised not to be negative. Don't mind me, just a little blue today. All the rain and whatnot.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The 'get old, stay old' is the same con NBA GM's run on NBA owners by telling them to tank.

At the end of the day, the only guarantee is they stay employed for at least 5 years. If they're lucky, they'll get an extension along the way.

I know, I know .. I promised not to be negative. Don't mind me, just a little blue today. All the rain and whatnot.

Maybe some better quality ice cream that isn't Mayfield would help out. Ice cream always chases the blues away... when it's not Mayfield.

Deleted member 2897

Let me throw some information at you to hopefully get you to settle down a bit.

The 3 teams we've lost to this year were all by 6 or fewer points, all Top 50 teams, all 3 games were on the road, and those 3 teams are a combined 18-3. (I think if today's game were played at home for example, and maybe even Northwestern, that with the extra fan and player energy - we win.)

Pastner's first year we weren't supposed to win but maybe 1 game in ACC play. Okogie turned out to be a gem, and they really developed Lammers and Tadric Jackson. Last year without those 2, we knew it was going to be terribly tough, and after 2 years were actually right on pace in total number of wins they had expect with Pastner's hire.

Well, with the loss of Okogie, and injuries to Alvarado, Haywood, etc. last year, we really are like playing a brand new team this year. We don't have a lot of chemistry at all yet. We'll get better, and today was proof of it. In my opinion, we had all the talent on the court we needed to beat that team today. But here we are going into prevent offense and prevent defense. Another double digit lead in the second half squandered. #FireTedRoof

Deleted member 2897

The 3 teams we've lost to this year were all by 6 or fewer points, all Top 50 teams, all 3 games were on the road, and those 3 teams are a combined 18-3. (I think if today's game were played at home for example, and maybe even Northwestern, that with the extra fan and player energy - we win.)

Pastner's first year we weren't supposed to win but maybe 1 game in ACC play. Okogie turned out to be a gem, and they really developed Lammers and Tadric Jackson. Last year without those 2, we knew it was going to be terribly tough, and after 2 years were actually right on pace in total number of wins they had expect with Pastner's hire.

Well, with the loss of Okogie, and injuries to Alvarado, Haywood, etc. last year, we really are like playing a brand new team this year. We don't have a lot of chemistry at all yet. We'll get better, and today was proof of it. In my opinion, we had all the talent on the court we needed to beat that team today. But here we are going into prevent offense and prevent defense. Another double digit lead in the second half squandered. #FireTedRoof

EDIT, messed up TN was not < 6 points. But the point here is I think we're going to continue to gel and get better. And most importantly, 7 of the next 8 games are AT HOME.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I think it's funny how people forget Pastner's first year started out slow and we lost pre ACC games that we shouldn't have. The guys started to gel right before ACC play and we had a fun season.

Deleted member 2897

I think it's funny how people forget Pastner's first year started out slow and we lost pre ACC games that we shouldn't have. The guys started to gel right before ACC play and we had a fun season.

Didn’t we need overtime to beat an exhibition game against some community college?

jacketup

Helluva Engineer

NCAA rules limit basketball time to 20 hours/week during the semester. Once exams are over, there is no such limit. With a young team, I expect you will see improvement after the holidays just like in year one.

We need players to settle into roles. As soon as each player finds theirs the quicker success comes. Jose is having to do too much right now. Curtis needs to step up. Devoe will develop. AD's ceiling has been reached. Banks has as bright future. The pieces are there. That need time to simmer together.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
Think of the football program as a wet dog, maybe a little stale and musty smelling, but generally ok. The basketball program is a pile of rotting fish sitting out in the sun for a week and has been for the last decade. Hopefully the stench alleviates a little as the young players get more experience which will allow recruiting to be more consistent.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
This is GT !! We played for a natty 14 years ago . Maybe you’re too young to remember glory days , I can understand why we struggle in football to recruit , but b-ball shouldn’t be this way ! One reason I want us to do so good in b-ball & baseball is because we’re not gonna be able to compete with uga in football anytime soon