Hurts

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Hurts will the be #1 QB going into Spring Training. Now, the competition may be more open, but I don't see Hurts losing his starting position after last night. The back-up was better suited for what needed to be done in the 2nd half last night. That's not going to be the case most games. Hurts' not transferring anywhere.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I would rather have a QB who can be an effective passer. I already saw last year what we look like with a good runner who is not an effective passer.....it wasn't pretty on offense.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
I would rather have a QB who can be an effective passer. I already saw last year what we look like with a good runner who is not an effective passer.....it wasn't pretty on offense.

Hmm, career 63% 5k yards. Probably can't throw at all.

Hurts just isn't a pocket passer and isn't accurate on all his throws, but he is good enough to probably be the most talented player to play QB for PJ.

Dave.S

Jolly Good Fellow
Hurts will the be #1 QB going into Spring Training. Now, the competition may be more open, but I don't see Hurts losing his starting position after last night. The back-up was better suited for what needed to be done in the 2nd half last night. That's not going to be the case most games. Hurts' not transferring anywhere.

That kid Tua definitely has a higher ceiling with the way he slings it around. Lane Kiffin was saying today that Tua was going to transfer before last night happened. Be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow
Hurts fits the style of play Ala wants to play. UGA took that away and put ALA in a hole. Saban made a courageous call to go with his best chance to throw the ball which was required to come from behind to win. I wish CPJ would go to his best QB for the situation (Marshall is not the best he has if the team needs to throw a lot and he may not be the best on a very wet field). This was a good "lesson learned" concerning Saban's decision to go with a less experienced (higher risk) QB BUT the best chance to win the game. I hope my favorite stubborn coach was paying attention.
Saban has the luxury of ridiculous depth and greyshirting. We don't play our dynamic young talent because we have to be cognizant of redshirts and class balance.

Dirty Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
This thread is why I can't stand most of our fans and why we turn off 'sidewalk' fans. Condescending arrogance to cover up for our inferior athletics programs. Give me a break. Jalen Hurts isn't coming to Tech because he's too good for us. Tech is not too good for him. If that hurts your feelings, maybe you need to take a step back and re-read this thread from the top.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
This thread is why I can't stand most of our fans and why we turn off 'sidewalk' fans. Condescending arrogance to cover up for our inferior athletics programs. Give me a break. Jalen Hurts isn't coming to Tech because he's too good for us. Tech is not too good for him. If that hurts your feelings, maybe you need to take a step back and re-read this thread from the top.
It sounds like you might need to find another team to root for.............................just sayin':rolleyes:

Dirty Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm not sure how you read into my statement that I don't support Tech, or that my support is wavering. I am simply appalled by our arrogant fans who hide behind Tech's academics to feed their inferiority complex. To bash Jalen Hurts based on absolutely nothing but speculation of his abilities is unfair and a window into why we have so few sidewalk fans. Why the hell would anyone want to sit next to us at Bobby Dodd? So they can listen to us talk about how smart we are and how everyone who didn't go to Tech is stupid?

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure how you read into my statement that I don't support Tech, or that my support is wavering. I am simply appalled by our arrogant fans who hide behind Tech's academics to feed their inferiority complex. To bash Jalen Hurts based on absolutely nothing but speculation of his abilities is unfair and a window into why we have so few sidewalk fans. Why the hell would anyone want to sit next to us at Bobby Dodd? So they can listen to us talk about how smart we are and how everyone who didn't go to Tech is stupid?
Thanks for your explanation(y)

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Spot on!

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, dissing the kid for his interview is low class, especially considering how much class the kid handled his benching. The way Hurts interacted with Tua and his coaches and teammates after the benching AND on top of that talking with the media about the situation with the media afterwards was PURE CLASS. He said something along the lines of "I told him I loved him and believed in him and I supported him because that's what leaders do". I'd be very proud to see Jalen in the Gold and White, though that's not happening even if hell freezes over.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

Never heard any discussions like this at BDS or at McCamish or at Alexander Memorial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk